Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
2011 Knight breechplugs? >

2011 Knight breechplugs?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

2011 Knight breechplugs?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2011 Knight breechplugs?

I was just reading a Mountaineer review on another website and the guy made the claim that all 2011 model knight breechplugs, including the fpj ones, are BH209 compatible. Has anyone else heard this? Did they redesign the fpj plug? I know that the old models weren't BH209 friendly at all. Also, is the nfpj plug that knight sells now the same as the old leigh conversation plug? I'm really on the fence between a laminated stock disc extreme and an Omega X7 and this might help me pick!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by josh...just josh
I was just reading a Mountaineer review on another website and the guy made the claim that all 2011 model knight breechplugs, including the fpj ones, are BH209 compatible. Has anyone else heard this? Did they redesign the fpj plug? I know that the old models weren't BH209 friendly at all. Also, is the nfpj plug that knight sells now the same as the old leigh conversation plug? I'm really on the fence between a laminated stock disc extreme and an Omega X7 and this might help me pick!

All of the 2011 Knight DISC's are BH compatible

It is basically the Lehigh Conversion except Knight has required Lehigh to put the vent liner in permanetly

It is my understanding the FPJ plug has been remade also.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The plugs that come with the new Muzzleloaders are BH209 compatible.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

I don't have a new night but they are nice looking. I do have a X7 and its as close to perfect as it gets.It's very light and accurate with several loads.
Maybe hold them both if you can then choose.Both will shoot just fine I am sure

Steve