Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Is a 250gr SST and 80-85 gr Blackhorn.... >

Is a 250gr SST and 80-85 gr Blackhorn....

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Is a 250gr SST and 80-85 gr Blackhorn....

Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 PM
  #11  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Yucca Valley,Ca
Posts: 2,496
Default

You will need a hubbards 209 BP in order to shoot Bh209 from that side kick.Ray
builder459 is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 08:26 PM
  #12  
Giant Nontypical
 
Gm54-120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,605
Default

Big Ol Gobbler

Yep PR sells a ACP conversion and Metrics Unlimited sells a good BH209 pug IIRC. Those are actually pretty good guns once you swap out the breach plugs.
Gm54-120 is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 08:32 PM
  #13  
Fork Horn
Thread Starter
 
Big Ol Gobbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 253
Default

Too much blowback with the lovely orange primer carriers? Thanks for the heads up.
Big Ol Gobbler is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 09:38 PM
  #14  
Boone & Crockett
 
Semisane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: River Ridge, LA (Suburb of New Orleans)
Posts: 10,918
Default

Sabot in a sidelock....eh....err.......ummm..........wheez... ....snort....
It's off topic, but..... No need to umm, wheeze or snort Muley. The Green Mountain LRH barrels on my Renegade and TC Hawken shoot sabots extremely well.

And if it's a matter of sabots in a sidelock offending your delicate "historically correct" sensibilities, well - that's just too darn bad.
Semisane is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 PM
  #15  
Nontypical Buck
 
oldsmellhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,482
Default

I've taken 2 deer with 80 grains T7 and a 200 grain SST. One at 40 yards, one at 90 yards. No problems for me with this. And your load is 50 grains heavier. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this...
oldsmellhound is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 05:58 AM
  #16  
Dominant Buck
 
cayugad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21,193
Default

I never shot a deer with a sabot load yet. But I would not be afraid to use that load.
cayugad is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 07:11 AM
  #17  
Giant Nontypical
 
Muley Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,557
Default

Originally Posted by Semisane
It's off topic, but..... No need to umm, wheeze or snort Muley. The Green Mountain LRH barrels on my Renegade and TC Hawken shoot sabots extremely well.

And if it's a matter of sabots in a sidelock offending your delicate "historically correct" sensibilities, well - that's just too darn bad.

You don't mind if I have an opinion, and I don't believe I was talking to you.

Nobody who knows me has ever called me delicate.

Why don't you put a scope on your Hawken and use pellets too? Maybe you can dip it in camo too.
Muley Hunter is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 07:25 AM
  #18  
Boone & Crockett
 
sabotloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,703
Default

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You don't mind if I have an opinion, and I don't believe I was talking to you.

Nobody who knows me has ever called me delicate.

Why don't you put a scope on your Hawken and use pellets too? Maybe you can dip it in camo too.
Muley... careful with the transgressions - apparently you have not seen Semi's 'sinful sisters' - all sidelocks all scoped - shooting Gold Dots...

Don't you remember when the Chinese developed sabots - centuries ago... sabots are really old - you had to be there - you gotta remember them. The French get a lot of credit but they just re-invented them.
sabotloader is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 07:32 AM
  #19  
Giant Nontypical
 
Muley Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 9,557
Default

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Muley... careful with the transgressions - apparently you have not seen Semi's 'sinful sisters' - all sidelocks all scoped - shooting Gold Dots...

Don't you remember when the Chinese developed sabots - centuries ago... sabots are really old - you had to be there - you gotta remember them. The French get a lot of credit but they just re-invented them.
I know about his scopes. I thought it was a good time to rub it in.


Plastic....... centuries ago?


Actually, I do use sabots, only I call it a patch.
Muley Hunter is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 08:18 AM
  #20  
Boone & Crockett
 
sabotloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,703
Default

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I know about his scopes. I thought it was a good time to rub it in.


Plastic....... centuries ago?


Actually, I do use sabots, only I call it a patch.
Nope.. no plastic... the Chinese use wood as the sabot...
sabotloader is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.