Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I Bought A New One. >

I Bought A New One.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I Bought A New One.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
SD, is that the stuff muleys been using in place of baby powder for his depends rash?
You bring up Depends a lot. Do you have leakage problems?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

hahahahahah o it never fails. and it only gets better after a 6 pack
Old 08-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

yea, i kinda get tired of hearing about these inlines, but you did make me a believer in mink oil.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

That set trigger should be real nice.

Below is a picture of the Lyman 57SML MZ peep sight. That works with the screws in your rifle. I realy like this sight. And obviously(as you can see) it will work on a leftie. Tom.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
SD,

You just missed it. I mentioned it.

Nobody listens though. You know how hard headed these inline guys are.
Bite your tongue Muley. At present I have 8 sidelocks (soon to be nine) but only one inline which is collecting dust in my safe. The only reason I bought that is I couldn't pass a Knight up for $50 in like new condition.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Spike

Head0001, I put a peep on my T/C Hawken like yours and whenever I took the barrel off to clean it the sights would be off after reassembley. Do you have the same problem , or do you clean your barrel without removing it from the stock?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't use a peep at shoots and rondy's, but I can put one of those dohickys on my shooting glasses. So, i'll go that way.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Okefenokee Knives
Head0001, I put a peep on my T/C Hawken like yours and whenever I took the barrel off to clean it the sights would be off after reassembley. Do you have the same problem , or do you clean your barrel without removing it from the stock?

After I sight my rifle in I never take the rifle out of the stock(during entire season). Whether I have the sights on the barrel. Or the sights on the tang. Problems will always ensue when you remove a barrel from it's stock during hunting season(IMO). So I never do it.

After the season I take the rifle completely apart. I have not noticed alot of POI change. But there is some. But then the season is over. This was a huntnig rifle. As all of mine are.

I have no problems cleaning a rifle without removing the barrel. I will even run a small bead of jelly along the barrel and wood during hunting season. This keeps all the water out if it rains. And I am not in a real wet area of the country. Tom.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I will even run a small bead of jelly along the barrel and wood during hunting season.
Grape? Apple? Strawberry?? Or does it make no difference?
Old 08-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I believe it would probably be apple. Then it could be also used as an attractant. And the golden color would not be a stark contrast to the wood/metal as dark purple or red.
But boy this forum is great. I never thought of putting jelly on my rifle to seal the wood. I learned something new again.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.