Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Cold Temps and Muzzleloaders >

Cold Temps and Muzzleloaders

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cold Temps and Muzzleloaders

Old 05-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's not hell; that's Montana.
A nice place to visit - in June.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
A nice place to visit - in June.
No, not June. June is too early to visit Montana. Much bad weather possible in June. Cold, and windy days common in June. July is the time to visit Montana. Some September days are beautiful.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Much bad weather possible in June. Cold, and windy days common in June. July is the time to visit Montana.
That's hard for a Southern boy to even imagine. Cold in June just doesn't fit my frame of reference.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

July and August is the time to fish the BitterRoot. June is too early in the year.

Back to the topic.

Personally I do not believe your problem was with the temp. I believe your problem is with the humidity. Or to keep it simple. moisture.

I have noticed drastic problems with the so called "superpowders" with moisture. So I have went back to black. Problem is solved.

Let the other guys argue about an extra 100 fps, or which powder drills the absolute smallest hole in a paper target at 100 yards from a benchrest.

Personally I do not care about bench rests, or the ittsiest bittsiest smallest hole.

I care about good solid ignition 100% of the time. And in all conditions. And the answer to that is black powder, and a big lead bullet!! Pretty simple. Tom.