Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Triple 7 revisited >

Triple 7 revisited

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Triple 7 revisited

Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Banned

yeah but you get all the stuff you just complained about LOL.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Not sure it should be called a complaint - more of a reality... If you are willing to live with the reality - you have no problems

And like you said most would never know and I might mention 100 yard and under not sure if you would ever see the difference, especially in the hunting accuracy range.

Bit it still comes down it is just my preference and I believe most competitive shooters to have a solid barrel action... Even a two piece stock has some problems in my mind.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
What do you mean MD? I bought both guns, and paid Sabotloader for two recoil pads and he took care of cutting the stocks and mounting the pads for me.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

To me a one hole group is a five shot group that measures the diameter of one bullet. But let's not digress here. I can go along with a one hole group being a group where all five shots are connected into one wallered out larger hole. Or even where all three shots are connected in a wallered out hole.

And the best part is I am a betting man. I would put up $500 to anybody's $250 or make the bet larger if you would like that you can not shoot a one hole group at 100 yards. And I will stand by that bet anytime you want that bet with a production grade MZ of any make or action. And I am willing to back that bet up any day anyone wants to try. You pick the day, but bring your cash, I will bring my cash, and the winner walks away with all the money. And I am sure I will be walking away with the money.

SHHEEESSSSHHHHH. One hole groups with an MZ?? What's next?? This internet accuracy stuff is just unbelievable. Tom.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Three shots touching is not a safe bet. A one hole group is a good bet though.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

I'm going to have to agree with Grouse on the Encore verse Triumph. I had both and got rid of the Encore. Triumph is the better muzzleloader hands down. The nice thing about TC is that if the break action gets too lose they replace the rife for free. Love the lifetime warrenty.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Banned

one hole groups are easy. Take careful aim on the first shot, then aim over the target for the next 2
Old 04-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Facts are, how often do you see a one hole group with a center fire rifle? watching the snipers on military channel last night and they didn't even have what you all here are saying is one hole groups lol. a M/L or centerfire with 3 or 5 shots all touching at a 100 yds is fantastic shooting. Ray
Old 04-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by builder459
Facts are, how often do you see a one hole group with a center fire rifle? watching the snipers on military channel last night and they didn't even have what you all here are saying is one hole groups lol. a M/L or centerfire with 3 or 5 shots all touching at a 100 yds is fantastic shooting. Ray
Not according to HEAD0001.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
I'm very happy to hear Your Dad's Ruger is very accurate. Nothing better then a accurate reliable gun.

Has anyone ever wondered why T/C made two break open Muzzleloaders? The reason was the Encore/Pro-Hunter/Endeavor design was horrible. They also new they could not change it because of all the differnet barrels offered. All you need to do is ask http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=469 This guy made a fortune with hinge pins. So did Cecil Epps.

I have always said the Encore was a great ML. But it needed to be tweeked first. Working up a load has nothing to do with it. Make the gun right, finding a load is easy.

That is why the Triumph was made. And the Triumph is designed alot better and does not need tweeked out of the box. If you talk to the right people at T/C, they will tell you not to buy an Encore over a Triumph if you want a ML only. It's obvious to anyone that own both.

The Triumph is a tack driver no doubt. I cant honestly say how long it will stay that way. It sure will last alot longer then an Encore. The bolt action ML has less moving parts and obviously locked up tighter then a break action. Which in the long run means more accurate over time.

Like someone mentioned above, for most people it doesn't matter. They wont shoot enough to see a difference. And the break actions are shorter and lighter and alot easier to carry and carry on a quad. That's a big reason why they are so popular.

I actually hope Knight makes a high quality break open. I think the demand is more for them then bolt action guns today. But if i could only own one, it would be a bolt action.
The encore is a perfect example of why i have never purchased a rifle with interchangeable barrels, since a lot of them have problems in some form or another. Markets drive rifles sales and IMHO knight needs to offer a B/A or stay a small company selling high end rifles and roll the dice! Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.