Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Lehigh Coversion Kits Becomming Available >

Lehigh Coversion Kits Becomming Available

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lehigh Coversion Kits Becomming Available

Old 03-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Lehigh Coversion Kits Becomming Available

I was dinging around on Dave's web site and noticed that he is now ready to accept orderes for the last avaible 200 kits from Lehigh. Once they are gone you wil have to purchase them from Knight Rifles directly.

You might take a cruise over to Lehigh... Be sure and read the direction about purchase... the part about accepting order... then the expected shipping dates... and how you are goingto get charged....

http://www.lehighbullets.com/products.asp?cat=28

I have no idea how long these are going to last so if you inclined to get one probably ought to do it soon...
Old 03-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beat ya by an hour.

With Lehigh being contracted to do Knight's work, do you know if this will be the last run of these?
Old 03-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hubby11
Beat ya by an hour.

With Lehigh being contracted to do Knight's work, do you know if this will be the last run of these?
Did not see that one until after I posted mine....

These will be/should be the last ones that Lehigh will be able to sell direct from his place. The kits that he is doing for Knight will be exactly the same other than the the vent liner will not be removable.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Sabot how long will the vent liners last? I got two of them with my original kit but not sure how to tell how long they last? He is out of stock on these now, do you know if he will continue to make them after he goes full production with Knight?
Old 03-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by onetohunt
Sabot how long will the vent liners last? I got two of them with my original kit but not sure how to tell how long they last? He is out of stock on these now, do you know if he will continue to make them after he goes full production with Knight?
Dave will always be selling vent liners so there is no worry getting them, as they are also sold to the Savage guys.

I lost track along time ago on my 45 but I at one time had 300 shots through it and i would think I probably have double that by now. The liner shows no sign of wear. Tom, who has been shooting them since the beginning, has well over that in his 45 and he shoots 140 grain loads of BH. I am not sure a human shooting subs can burn one out.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the heads up from both of you guys. I got mine ordered.
Art
Old 03-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Sabot, thanks for the heads up on the conversion, Just ordered 1 for a spare so when I get another Knight, I'll be ready to go. Knights best ML ever made when it comes to in lines. IMHO
Old 03-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just ordered another spare too since i never know when i may see another Knight i want to buy. Considering his new new contract obligations, its a safe bet on a great product.

I doubt the vent liners will wear out in the Knight version but being able to remove the liner for cleaning is a big plus to me and worth waiting for his arrive is a small price to pay.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I placed an order. Well see how well they work. I want a cleaner setup than the red plastic holders
Old 03-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Question for the guys that know more about this than I,

Originally Posted by sabotloader
The kits that he is doing for Knight will be exactly the same other than the the vent liner will not be removable.
Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I doubt the vent liners will wear out in the Knight version but being able to remove the liner for cleaning is a big plus to me and worth waiting for his arrive is a small price to pay.
What would be the advantage of making the Knight version with a non-removable vent liner? Doesn't make sense to me. I thought the reason for a vent liner was to improve ignition and extend the life of a breech plug by making the vent liner removable and replaceable when it becomes eroded? Being able to remove the vent liner for cleaning seems like a good idea, too.

The only reason I can come up with for making it non-removable is perhaps a financial advantage/improved profit margin for the manufacturer? When the vent liner erodes in the non-removable version will a person just throw out the breech plug and be forced to buy a new breech plug/vent liner assembly versus buying just an inexpensive vent liner?

Maybe the "average Joe" will not wear out the vent liner- somebody that does little target shooting and mostly just hunts in the Fall?

Please forgive me if my question is off target or has an obvious answer; as I am still learning about Knight/Lehigh conversions and it's all pretty much new to me. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.