Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
new bullet -sabot recommendations >

new bullet -sabot recommendations

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new bullet -sabot recommendations

Old 02-26-2011, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you get to midsouth site go to reloading. then to jacketed pistol bullets .452 dia. right now there out of stock on the gold dots, they usually get them in quickly.i am sure others will chime in on other sources.. Ray
Old 02-26-2011, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

I would go with a Barnes, Nosler, or Lehigh... the 300 grain Barnes MZ in a MMP HPH 24 shot a 3/4" 100 yard group out of my Vision.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Spike

ordered the 250 gold dots harvester crushed ribs and the mmp 24
if that doesnt do the trick ill try the other suggestions. so far its shot everything ive used great as far as accuracy just want better penetration and not have to climb down to reload the darn thing.
THANKS ALL
Old 02-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

stretch56

Speer does not offer a .451/300 Gold Dot/Deep Curl. Gold Dots/Deep Curls are .452.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by huntin_nc
if that doesnt do the trick ill try the other suggestions. so far its shot everything ive used great as far as accuracy just want better penetration and not have to climb down to reload the darn thing.
THANKS ALL
That really should do you just fine.... the Gold Dot/Deep Curl is an excellent bullet.

This is what they look like expanded out to the max. They really stay togethere than most bulk bullets because they are bonded.

In the Vision I was testing I used the HPH-24, they loaded and shot very well.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntin_nc
THANKS ALL
That will do the trick, one of the 2 different types of sabots will fit properly. the gold dot is a fantastic overall performing bullet and reasonably priced also. can't beat a Barnes either. Ray
Old 02-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd also head over to Advance and go to Parks & Sons and buy a couple of pounds of Goex FFF black powder...Start with 80grs and move up in 5 grains until you find what that gun likes...Most Knights that I sight in will come in at either 80 or 85 grs...That load will do all that needs doing to a deer...

I don't know what they are charging for a pound, it was $13-14 last year...Their number is on the Goex website...