Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Semisane and going way off subject >

Semisane and going way off subject

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Semisane and going way off subject

Old 02-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Semisane and going way off subject

Thinkiing that you living down there in the tropic's you probably do not get much of this - i would really like to send it your way - we have enough.... + the are calling for 1-3 feet more tonight in the mountains north of here....

Want some snow? This snow collection has occured in the last week and half... We have already had two of these storms - we are ready for spring...

This is the back yard right here in town - not suppose to snow this much in town and especially in a residential area....

Last edited by sabotloader; 02-25-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

sabot I think that is just what semi needs. I do believe that sun has fried his brains. But I do have to admit, he does have a way with words. His posts are always humorous if not enlightening.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
sabot I think that is just what semi needs. I do believe that sun has fried his brains. But I do have to admit, he does have a way with words. His posts are always humorous if not enlightening.
Oh! how I know that... I almost fear his comeback when it comes, maybe he will just let it pass....

He did post a picture of what appears to be a very angry 'blue bird' in some snow on another post...
Old 02-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys, I mowed the back lawn today because the clover was getting thick and crowding out the St. Augustine grass. Then I put down some fertilizer and turned the soil in the tomato garden so I can put the seedlings in next week. Sprayed the lemon tree with liquid iron because it's starting to bud and the extra iron helps the blossom set.

Leaving tomorrow mid-day for a shooting session at the hunting lease "up North" (about 80 miles). Packed some shorts because they're predicting a high of eighty Sunday.

So hang on to that snow, and send it down about mid-July when I'll be sweating like Nancy Pelosi at a Tea Party rally and will be able to appreciate it.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where abouts in SE La do you live Semi? I live on the coast in MS just west of Gulfport. Was in the 80's here today and will be on the water at daylight fishing for those speckley trout. Y'all can have all that white stuff. Only white stuff I like is in the sand variety.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Dominant Buck

It was nice here today, it was 19º above zero. Although it was humid and the wind was blowing a little. They are calling for snow here also. Sabotloader you don't know how happy I am to see that snow. I will have to call my sister and razz her as she loves to rub it in when we get snow storms.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Where abouts in SE La do you live Semi?
Ten miles West of the Orleans Parish line SJ. Out near the airport. Good luck with the specs. They're really turned on in the inside marshes. My son went fishing around Hopedale last weekend and really nailed both specs and reds. I should have gone with him, but was involved in "the great quail cookoff".
Old 02-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well it wasn't too bad here today. Got all the way up to 37. But the wind was gusting about 50 MPH and it was cloudy and drizzly. The wind chill made it feel like zero.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

Man Sabot, your just trying to give that nasty stuff to anyone who will take it!! If we get more that little blue bird is probably what my facial expression will be as well. I'm just glad all we got out of this storm was a lot of rain. The first 13 days of this month we got dumped on with that nasty white stuff.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very early thur morning say midnight, it started raining here and 18hrs later my rain gauge was overflowing. It holds 6 inches, my yard looked like a lake. The river was at 3.7 on the gauge,(that is low by the way), now its 16.4 and still rising. Its been a while since its rained that hard for that long. Lots of gravel roads are flooded and hwy dept had to shut down one hwy because of 18 inches of water flowing across it. Its a good thing the river was so low, if it wasnt it would have been really bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.