Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Thumbs up for my TC Pro Hunter >

Thumbs up for my TC Pro Hunter

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thumbs up for my TC Pro Hunter

Old 02-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

SJAdventures

I honestly do not know what prompted pluckit's post. I just assumed I read it wrong and had to come back a couple of times and read it again before I finally decided to put up reply. I guess that is why they call these forums an 'open forum'.

At least you had a target to show... most times now days I do not even shoot paper targets... I just lay out a bunch of clay pigeons at various ranges elevations and angles and shoot them. They are more rewarding than a piece of paper. Then often I go to shooting the broken pieces of birds working on the really difficult shots. I guess this makes me think I am improving my abilities...

mike
Old 02-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
SJAdventures

I honestly do not know what prompted pluckit's post. I just assumed I read it wrong and had to come back a couple of times and read it again before I finally decided to put up reply. I guess that is why they call these forums an 'open forum'.

At least you had a target to show... most times now days I do not even shoot paper targets... I just lay out a bunch of clay pigeons at various ranges elevations and angles and shoot them. They are more rewarding than a piece of paper. Then often I go to shooting the broken pieces of birds working on the really difficult shots. I guess this makes me think I am improving my abilities...

mike
Well really once you have developed a really good load for a particular gun you can only shoot so many good groups with it on paper before your bored to tears. Shooting clay birds has always been fun for me and keeps me shooting longer that day.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Don't take it personal pluckit. IMO when folks share their shooting outings, it's not to brag, but because they/we enjoy BP shooting and this is the place to communicate with like minded individuals.
Best Regards
Old 02-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by smokey92
Don't take it personal pluckit. IMO when folks share their shooting outings, it's not to brag, but because they/we enjoy BP shooting and this is the place to communicate with like minded individuals.
Best Regards
Exactly....
Old 02-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

If I'm trying to illustrate the effect of changing some variable in a load I generally post a sequence of targets, some pretty good, some not so good. But it's natural to want to post those targets that really make you smile and I'll often post the best target(s) from a shoot.

However, if anyone want's to start a thread with the worst targets ever shot, I'M IN! Your bad results can't hold a candle to my bad results.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Fifty shots? Childs play. Last week end I burned a pound of GOEX FFFg and a quarter pound of FFg. Smelled like a Civil War veteran when I got home.
I thought you were ! Ray
Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by builder459
I thought you were ! Ray
Naw Ray, I didn't serve. Neither side would have me because of my webbed feet and inability to march in a straight line. I had to resort to hiding in the trees and shouting "Choot`em Junior".
Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I'm trying to illustrate the effect of changing some variable in a load I generally post a sequence of targets, some pretty good, some not so good. But it's natural to want to post those targets that really make you smile and I'll often post the best target(s) from a shoot.

However, if anyone want's to start a thread with the worst targets ever shot, I'M IN! Your bad results can't hold a candle to my bad results.
That could be a good thread. I got a bunch of them types you'd rather not show. If a person doesn't have a lot of bad groups then that person is not doing much load testing.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know Semi, i bet i could give you a run for your money.

Some days i can't shoot for crap!!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel I should appologize for my earlier post in regards to SJ's posting of a very nice group. I see MD's postings of amazing groups all the time and have never commented negatively on them and had no reason to do so about SJ's group. So it will not happen again and I'm sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.