Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Thumbs up for my TC Pro Hunter >

Thumbs up for my TC Pro Hunter

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thumbs up for my TC Pro Hunter

Old 02-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thumbs up for my TC Pro Hunter

Since the Encores got drug through the mud a little by a few the other day I thought I would put in a positive plug for mine. My TC Pro Hunter by far is the best rifle I have ever owned and yes even better than my Remington 700 and I am a die hard Remington fan. I shot my Pro Hunter 50 cal ML today using several different bullet/sabot/loads combo's and to be totally honest it just shot whatever I poked down it's throat good. My go to and hunting load is below. It is a 250gr Barnes TMZ - a Harvester yellow crushed ribbed sabot - 110gr of Blackhorn 209 - Win 209 primer. This 3 shot group was shot at 100 yds in a pretty brisk wind. There is no doubt this load and gun has a .5 moa in it if I do my part and in less wind.

I lost count but probably shot my ML close to or more than 50 times and never swabbed it once between shots and the last shot of the day loaded as easily as the first.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

im right there with ya. Id never heard a bad thing about prohunters until recently on here, general opinion i always had of them was they were a better than average gun and the ability to trade out barrels was gravy. So far mines been awesome....the ml barrel is very accurate with pretty much every sabot ive tried. Got a 7mm08 for rifle season and a 22lr for small game. All barrels accurate, everything works like it should with no glitches, couldnt be happier
Old 02-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Dominant Buck

That is some excellent shooting... without question.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on dude, have you been through millitary sniper training or something? It's one thing for a rifle to be able to shoot that well, it's another thing for a person to be able to. And 50 rounds? that's a lot for a .22 cal. long rifle let alone a .50 cal. muzzle loader.

Last edited by pluckit; 02-15-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pluckit
Come on dude, have you been through millitary sniper training or something? It's one thing for a rifle to be able to shoot that well, it's another thing for a person to be able to. And 50 rounds? that's a lot for a .22 cal. long rifle let alone a .50 cal. muzzle loader.
Well your going to have to be patient with my ignorence but I am not sure what your questioning? My ability to shoot 50 rounds or shooting a ML 50 times???? I am assuming you did not read my post to state that the target posted was all 50 rounds. The target is a 3 shot group at 100yds.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

SJA not to worry, maybe pluckit is too used to shooting out of those rusty barrels @ 10 yards.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by pluckit
I am not quite sure what you are indicating here... but shooting 50 shots in range session really is not that uncommon, especially when you are doing some field testing...

Here is just one target that I shot doing some field testing awhile back with one of my Knights...

By my count this is 21 shots just a 50 yards. After that I moved the target to 100 and continued testing. I would bet I easily shot another 20 rounds.

Getting tight groups @ 100 yards with a good ML is not much of a problem these days either. His is a 94 yard target shot with the Knight.

One of the reasons I quit shooting centerfire guns is that I can go out with a jug of powder, bullets, sabots and shoot as much as I want to. It doesn't make a lot of sense for me to go out and shoot 10-12 rounds and call it good. I really want to make the trip worth while so I shoot - the more I shoot the more fun it is.

Another thing I really enjoy doing after testing is shootin breakable targets... so for relaxation after shooting paper ot after finishing a testing round, I will put clay pigeons out various ranges and pick them off... so what I guess I am saying when I go shoot - I make it worth while and enjoyable...
Old 02-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Fifty shots? Childs play. Last week end I burned a pound of GOEX FFFg and a quarter pound of FFg. Smelled like a Civil War veteran when I got home.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Smelled like a Civil War veteran when I got home.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will put it this way. When i unload from the car to the range table, it takes at least 3-4 trips. Now i just pull upto the table and open the trunk or drop the tail gate.

After 50-60 shots and no lunch break i am fairly fatigued but that's also kinda what im trying to do. If i can shoot a sub MOA at the end of a long day, ive had a great day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.