Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Wolves...Is it true? >

Wolves...Is it true?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Wolves...Is it true?

Old 02-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

If you go to the BigGameForever site here:

http://capwiz.com/biggameforever/home/

They have a pre-formatted email message that you can send to all the relevant politicos (State and Fed) stating you are in favor of HR 509 and S249.

if ya prefer to draft your own letter and save it to like "my documents" ..word processor deal or whatever...copy and paste for each rep!!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

That picture isn't from CO it's from Canada.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info, I just passed it along on the Big Game Houndsmem site, Those wolves are not popular with the hound hunters.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rdpettit
That picture isn't from CO it's from Canada.
if your refering to the first pic in this thread it says "Colorado Residents Beware" nowhere does it say pic was taken in Colorado
sir
Old 02-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Regardless of where the photos are from, wolves are that big and do pose a threat if not controlled. Very fortunate here that wolves and coyotes are legally treated the same in our manage unit... no restrictions, as to seasons or numbers harvested.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks fellas I had no idea wolves were this much of an issue. I posted this as I thought those wolves were a fake job. Here in MO we do not have wolves and I did not know what their sizes are. I was hoping the guys up north would chime in and well you guys have provided a lot of information I had no idea existed. I hope everyone is contacting their state DNR and congress reps about this issue as wolves can wipe out everything in their path.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A northern Idaho lawmaker says the state should not punish people who kill federally protected gray wolves.

Republican Rep. Phil Hart unveiled legislation Friday to prohibit the state from investigating, arresting or prosecuting any person who kills a gray wolf in Idaho. The bill would also prohibit state employees from helping federal agencies arrest or prosecute someone who kills a wolf.

Those who punish, or help punish, people who kill wolves face a $500 civil penalty under the measure.

Wolves in the Northern Rockies are listed as endangered under court order, but state and federal officials have been looking for ways to curb their population.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

and::::::::::

Governor encourages Montanan's to shoot wolves north of interstate. Not sure I would want to hitch my liberty on Brian but it is the latest salvo.

Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer says the state will defy federal protections for gray wolves and kill packs that have been hurting elk herds.
Schweitzer also told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he is encouraging livestock owners north of Interstate 90 to shoot wolves that harass their animals. He says state game wardens would stop investigating wolf shootings in that part of the state.
Livestock owners in southern Montana already have authority to shoot wolves that harass their animals.
The Democratic governor says he is fed up with years of litigation that have kept wolves on the endangered species list even as their population has grown to more than 1,700 across the Northern Rockies.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

There should be a hunting season(limit the tags*) like other game animal.
And while on the subject of delisting, states that have Grizzly bears should have a season*, they don't fear humans and in some elk country, a gun shot is like a dinner bell for them.

Last edited by smokey92; 02-17-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Wisconsin DNR Says Wolves Killing More Dogs and Livestock !

2/16/2011
The state Department of Natural Resources says wolves are causing more problems for Wisconsinites.
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The state Department of Natural Resources says wolves are causing more problems for Wisconsinites.

A new report says wolves attacked animals on 47 farms last year compared to 28 farms in 2009. Twelve of those attacks were in Douglas County with 16 other northern Wisconsin counties reporting problems.

Wolves killed 34 dogs, 47 calves, 16 cows and six sheep in 2010. The DNR estimates the wolves cost farms a total of $114,000.

The agency's wolf expert, Adrian Wydeven, tells the Duluth News Tribune that the increase in attacks is because wolves are moving into new areas and because state officials have few options to kill wolves, which are protected under the federal Endangered Species Act.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.