Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Help!!!!!

Old 02-06-2011, 02:04 PM
  #1  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Yucca Valley,Ca
Posts: 2,496
Default Help!!!!!

Have someone who would like to join this site, he has repeatedly went through the registration process, everything goes well until he gets to the section where you type in the code. the program will not accept it. he has tried multiple times. i must admit i have experienced this myself on other sites and it is downright frustrating.i personally have sent a e-mail about this situation to the powers to be here on huntingnet and got no response on how to assist this potential member. any help would be appreciated. Ray
builder459 is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 02:31 PM
  #2  
Boone & Crockett
 
sabotloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,600
Default

Originally Posted by builder459 View Post
Have someone who would like to join this site, he has repeatedly went through the registration process, everything goes well until he gets to the section where you type in the code. the program will not accept it. he has tried multiple times. i must admit i have experienced this myself on other sites and it is downright frustrating.i personally have sent a e-mail about this situation to the powers to be here on huntingnet and got no response on how to assist this potential member. any help would be appreciated. Ray
Remember the code is case sensitive...
sabotloader is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 02:45 PM
  #3  
NEK
Fork Horn
 
NEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: northeast kingdom in vermont
Posts: 234
Default

I had the same trouble and had to try several times before it accepted my entry. I found that using the refresh option helped, because I had a hard time making out some of the letters - and as said before - it is case sensitive.
NEK is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 02:48 PM
  #4  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Yucca Valley,Ca
Posts: 2,496
Default

Originally Posted by sabotloader View Post
Remember the code is case sensitive...
Yes i am aware of that as he is,and it will not work for him.as i said i have had the same exact problem on other sites myself.he is also very good with computers.and it still won't register him. as i said i have contacted the site myself on his behalf and have not received any response. any suggestions SL ?
builder459 is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 03:04 PM
  #5  
Boone & Crockett
 
sabotloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,600
Default

Originally Posted by builder459 View Post
Yes i am aware of that as he is,and it will not work for him.as i said i have had the same exact problem on other sites myself.he is also very good with computers.and it still won't register him. as i said i have contacted the site myself on his behalf and have not received any response. any suggestions SL ?
Builder... try sending a PM to HNI_Christine she is a site administrator - she can help....

Think that should be HNI_Christine
sabotloader is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 03:08 PM
  #6  
Fork Horn
 
quake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 366
Default

Originally Posted by builder459 View Post
Have someone who would like to join this site, he has repeatedly went through the registration process, everything goes well until he gets to the section where you type in the code. the program will not accept it. he has tried multiple times. i must admit i have experienced this myself on other sites and it is downright frustrating.i personally have sent a e-mail about this situation to the powers to be here on huntingnet and got no response on how to assist this potential member. any help would be appreciated. Ray
Builder, i believe the same thing happened to me the first time i tried to register the other day. On the second attempt at entering(the i.d. code i think?) i noticed a caption and a link that basically said click here if the registration application does not upload- it was basically a second link to click on to enter the completed application if the first "click to enter" link would not take or accept the info. In my haste of trying to register my info and not being sure what i did wrong the first time i almost missed the link. i believe the link was above the blanks where you enter your info. Sorry if this is a little vague as i am not the most computer savvy person on this planet and that is a fact! Hope it helps somehow. Good luck -Q
quake is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 03:09 PM
  #7  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Yucca Valley,Ca
Posts: 2,496
Default

Originally Posted by sabotloader View Post
Builder... try sending a PM to HNI_Christine she is a site administrator - she can help....

Think that should be HNI_Christine
Thank you very much.. SL Ray
builder459 is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 01:00 PM
  #8  
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boncarbo,Colorado
Posts: 9,186
Default

How'd you like Bruces wolf Ray?

Any ideer what he was using with the thors?
MountainDevil54 is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 02:38 PM
  #9  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Yucca Valley,Ca
Posts: 2,496
Default

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 View Post
How'd you like Bruces wolf Ray?

Any ideer what he was using with the thors?
My impression of the wolf rifle was that it seems to be a "good" entry level BP rifle.i wasn't impressed with the QLbp, took 3 times longer than the BP in my Triumph to remove. Bruce shot my rifle and was impressed how quickly you can remove the BP on mine compared to his.Bruce shot various powerbelt bullets and the accuracy was ok.the FPB's we didn't even attempt to try in the tight barreled wolf. the .500 thors shot well and he will be buying more of them and concentrate on working up a hunting load.he is also making the change to BH209 powder and i informed him there were ways to rework the wolf's BP so it would reliably ignite it every time.we went over all the important area's of muzzleloading, cleaning, working up loads, various powders ETC.he had cleanbore and 777 primers only and had one no fire with the 777 primers and pyrodex. i gave him a pack of STS primers and he had no further problems.he is a experienced hunter that has never shot a muzzleloader. and wanted to be sure he was doing things properly. Ray
builder459 is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 02:43 PM
  #10  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Yucca Valley,Ca
Posts: 2,496
Default

Originally Posted by quake View Post
Builder, i believe the same thing happened to me the first time i tried to register the other day. On the second attempt at entering(the i.d. code i think?) i noticed a caption and a link that basically said click here if the registration application does not upload- it was basically a second link to click on to enter the completed application if the first "click to enter" link would not take or accept the info. In my haste of trying to register my info and not being sure what i did wrong the first time i almost missed the link. i believe the link was above the blanks where you enter your info. Sorry if this is a little vague as i am not the most computer savvy person on this planet and that is a fact! Hope it helps somehow. Good luck -Q
Thank you and i will pass this info on to him... Ray
builder459 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.