Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
TC Hawken vs. Renegade >

TC Hawken vs. Renegade

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Hawken vs. Renegade

Old 11-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by morris.zach
Just putting out a feeler here but I own a T/C Renegade. I recently went shooting at the local tartget range in preperation for this upcoming black powder deer season. After shooting it I noticed I had a small crack in the stock by the hammer. After further and closer inspection I noticed the cheap plastic stock was actually cracked about mid thickness all the way through to one side. This is where the "feeler" comes into play. Is any one out here in this forum selling or know someone selling a replacement stock for a t/c renegade? Thanks in advance.
You say your Renegade has a plastic stock? Are you sure it is not a New Englander or perhaps a Black Mountain Magnum? I at one time owned four Renegade and one Renegade Hunter and all had the wood stock. So I would say.. check the model again. If it is a Renegade, then maybe a wooden stock could be found on E-Bay. T/C Firestorm also had the plastic stocks.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Spike

Cayugad, I double checked the barrel and is is for sure a Thompson center renegade 54 caliber. The only explanation I can conceive is that its an aftermarket stock. I have looked on eBay but the prices are kind of out there. People now a days really don't have a logical grasp on prices. I'm still looking though. Thanks for the reply. Like I said, this was a feeler to see if anyone was selling a spair stock. I have pretty much all hardware, I just need a stock. Weather finished or very used.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't have a spare. If I did it would have a barrel in it. But I will keep my eye open for you. I just never saw a composite stock on a Renegade. But maybe it was a special order or something...

Call T/C and see what they have to say. Although I fear they will tell you to glue it.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son had an accident with his Renegade and broke the stock. This spring I used Accuraglass to glue it. It didn't hold. I tried to remove some wood to get more glue in and I tried to pin the crack. I got us by the antelope hunt but on his deer hunt it cracked again.

After spending way too much time trying to fix it I found a used stock. And I bought a new one from TOTW. The new stock will take a lot of work to get it to where it needs to be. The used one will get me by with this rifle until the new one is done.

Keep looking for a used one in good shape. In my opinion gluing is only a temporory fix that will let you down. Ron