Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Forum needs a change >

Forum needs a change

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Forum needs a change

Old 01-27-2011, 02:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default Forum needs a change

What does it say about this forum when one post has almost 3000 views and 150 replys to a subject that in the first place should have been handled in private. I for one go to such a forum as a form of escape. After driving 66 miles one way into DC for work its nice at times to go on and read about a subject we all love. I fully understand that some are retired and have more time than others, but a few on here I question how do they earn a living? Always on here.....Go get a job. With everything that goes on in today's world with technology I'm sure if any type of research would have been done this whole thing could have been handled months ago. It doesn't bother me when certain people push a certain brand that they have interest in. We all have our own brains and use them to see past the bull sh**. If you don't like a person or subject don't read or follow them. Sending out personal attacks of someone you never met is not needed. Lets go back to posts of the BORECLEANIGWEASEL we sure do need him now.
Chuck
Old 01-27-2011, 02:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

AMEN!!!!!!,
I've also been wondering where that old weasel has gotten off to, maybe we could ask Semi where he has gone.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Weasel Rules. It is too cold for him now though. He might come out sometime in March.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Fork Horn

I also agree. Enough is enough. Does not this forum have any moderators to put a stop to this kind of crap. I am thinking about dropping this forum as one of my places to visit and read. It is getting worse all the time. Same group of experts starting up crap and keeping it going instead of acting like adults.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:58 AM
Fork Horn

Huntingnet.com was a much different place back in 2003 when I joined.

I suppose it's more about click-counts now, if wild accusations bring in the clicks, the mods just stand aside.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rogo
I also agree. Enough is enough. Does not this forum have any moderators to put a stop to this kind of crap. I am thinking about dropping this forum as one of my places to visit and read. It is getting worse all the time. Same group of experts starting up crap and keeping it going instead of acting like adults.
I agree. Not sure if this forum has moderators or not, but if so they really need to step up.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Self moderation is about the easiest thing one can do on a forum.
Don't like the thread, just don't go there. Really not that difficult.
"Hot" threads can serve a real purpose, but veiwing and participation are completely optional to all who visit.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

I came on this morning to post just what you said. I thought about it last night, how many posts/views that topic had....way more than any other. sad. Hopefully everyone will read what you just said and move on. A forum such as this is for sharing ideas, learning, sharing stories, etc, not attacks and you said/he said. Thanks for posting this it was needed!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

+ !
I agree, we don't need this kind of thing or all this silly inane stuff about somebody's home life either. Where are the moderators that use to control this kind of stuff.
Perhaps we should consider if there is a way we can control it.
If when we see this kind of thing perhaps we should stay off for a week or so instead of commenting this would control the clicks and perhaps bring a reaction from the powers controlling.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also agree. Enough is enough. Does not this forum have any moderators to put a stop to this kind of crap.thinking about dropping this forum as one of my place I am s to visit and read. It is getting worse all the time. Same group of experts starting up crap and keeping it going instead of acting like adults.
I for one wont drop this forum, I came on here in 08 and have learned lots about muzzleloading. I bought my first and have hunted with a ml since I was 18yrs old (thats 28yrs). I have shot lots of deer with one before I came on to this forum, but I have to say that I was in awe at how much a higher level folks take muzzleloading on here than I ever thought about doing. I would find a load that shot to my satisfaction and thats what I would hunt with.
I try not to say anything on here that would discredit or offend anyone on here. Sometimes I give my experiences that I have had hunting on here and that might differ from someone else, but hey havent we all had things that happened from time to time that is different from our own previous experiences. Lets get back to what this forum is about Muzzleloading.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.