Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Made my morning

Old 01-12-2011, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default Made my morning

Im sitiing here on the computer looking out the window at about 16 " of snow that is still comin down heavy and hoping it ends and I can possibily get down to the DEC station and get out to hunt. As Im reading a thead here the phone rings and I see the caller ID is a Tennessee number I answered and got "Good morning Gary this is Knight how can I help you" I was stunned.Last month I emailed Knight, then spoke to Sam about a fix needed on my Elite .And he asked my to wait till the end of Jan and call back because they were very busy at this time.So I asked the caller if this was Sam and no it was Gordy he had seen my previous email and wanted to know my problem.Well I told him and he said we will take care of that right away just mail the bolt in and we will fix you right up. I must have said thank you a half a dozen times. THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

I have been thinking about getting a new Knight when they come out. This post helped seal the deal. Thanks for letting us know the good news. Most people use forums like this to spread the bad and we don't get to hear too much of the good things that companies do for the customer.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Well that is good to know. A lot of companies are getting more and more slack when it comes to taking care of the customers. Nice going Knight and Gordy!!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Just before I saw this thread I left a message for Gordy. He usually gets back to me the same day. We've been trading e-mails as I'm thinking about buying a thumb hole stock for my Disc Elite (have a .45 & .50 ....as well as an original DISC and MK-85).

Anxious to see the new offerings from Knight and wish them the best of luck going forward. But it's going to be hard to top my Elite's, now with the Lehigh conversion. What a sweet handling rifle.

We'll see.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go get um Gman, a little Snow never stopped us N.Y.ers from going Hunting, hope you connect! We did'nt get as much Snow (for once) on this side of the State, just about 12" fell overnight.
Best of Luck to you when you get out.
(BP)
Old 01-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Rt con I dont think a t hole stock is available for the Elite Ive got one coming for the Extreme which will just need some minor inletting.Just place a WTB ad in all the blackpowder forums you go to eventuall someone will get back to you and a take off stock will a lot less then a new one.

BP cant believe up and over by you got less then we got amazing,just finished driveway 2 feet deep and town plow only went down center of street so had to go agood 10 feet more through 3 ft plowed snow. This special season you have to go to the DEC station and see if there is a spot available ( it goes by reservation mine was yesterday saw nothing) the guys that dont show for their resevations spots are open, then they have a drawing from a hat for those open spots. Problem is only 2 guys to spot or 1 and there generally arent all that many, and theres always about 40-50 guys show up. But Im sure hopin tommorow to get out, I go every weekday morning (no weekends) till it ends Jan 31.

Last edited by gman57; 01-12-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gman57
Rt con I dont think a t hole stock is available for the Elite Ive got one coming for the Extreme which will just need some minor inletting.Just place a WTB ad in all the blackpowder forums you go to eventuall someone will get back to you and a take off stock will a lot less then a new one.

BP cant believe up and over by you got less then we got amazing,just finished driveway 2 feet deep and town plow only went down center of street so had to go agood 10 feet more through 3 ft plowed snow. This special season you have to go to the DEC station and see if there is a spot available ( it goes by reservation mine was yesterday saw nothing) the guys that dont show for their resevations spots are open, then they have a drawing from a hat for those open spots. Problem is only 2 guys to spot or 1 and there generally arent all that many, and theres always about 40-50 guys show up. But Im sure hopin tommorow to get out, I go every weekday morning (no weekends) till it ends Jan 31.
Well I should have kept my mouth shut, it's really Snowing Hard now! In the last Hour we got about 3 more Inches, and it's now comming down at a rate of about 1-2 Inches a Hour. I think since last night we now have about 16"+ of new Snow.
(BP)
Old 01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

About the only complaints lately I have been reading about poor CS has been from CVA owners. Not saying all CVA owners but just the ones I have read lately.