Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
197 Yard Dead Deer. No Blood Again >

197 Yard Dead Deer. No Blood Again

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

197 Yard Dead Deer. No Blood Again

Old 01-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gotbuck
That is good to know I received one for christmas to use in my blind and I cannot wait to use it. As far as deer smelling it, I would not worry, I have pissed by my stand, cooked food by my stand and they all seem to show up just fine. All this scent stuff is out of hand in my opinion, if you play the wind is the real key.
Good to know. I know you will love it. Some of my friends are now going out to buy heaters for their blinds...

D
Old 01-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rafsob

I may be wrong, but I think you must remember that the level of energy at that distance is very low and you did just fine. Your setup worked just great and yuo ended up with meat on the table. Way to go pal.

Happy eating!

Thanks again. And thanks for explaining the distance issue as regards energy transferred to target. I keep thinking of 2000 fps, and not the pass-though energy.

The bullet did its job.

D