Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Help buying a new muzzy >

Help buying a new muzzy

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Help buying a new muzzy

Old 12-28-2010, 06:53 AM
Spike

Default Help buying a new muzzy

I need some opinions please. Im thinking of buy another inline and would like to know what you all think. The ones I'm looking at are as follows.

Traditions Buck Stalker.

CVA Optima.

CVA Wolf.

T/C impact.

Traditions Pursuit LT.

These are all lower priced inlines, some I'm sure are "cheap" some are "inexpensive", any help sorting this out would be great.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buy what you like. Now's the tme to Buy, Shop around Im sure you'll find some good after the season deals.
(BP)
Old 12-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Out of the three you posted, the Optima felt the best to me. Im beginning to like the Impact but i dont care for the stock. The 2010 Wolf felt better than the Impact.

Handle them all and buy what you like. Traditions in general dont do anything for me considering the price. The NEW 2010 Optima is a better gun IMO than nearly any Traditions in a similar price range.

If you like Traditions, look at the Vortek line and wait for them to go on sale.

3rdGeneration still has some Omegas on sale too and they have a great deal ($300)on a stainless Omega 45.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

As far as the ones you have listed both the CVA's have been reviewed numerous times on here. With most coming in very positive. If times on your side you may find a very good deal on a used gun or a new one on clearence at a local seller. Every company today make a fine muzzleloader just some people.. me included.. have a favorite brand.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Banned

If its the New Optima with QRBP - THAT is the one! www.rrarms.com has them for $225
Old 12-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Spike

What did you buy last year, BIG PAUL? Must not have been a White! Just remember, you did ask for OPINIONS again.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...-ml-money.html

Last edited by badbowbender2; 12-28-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the new Wolf, and like it a lot. I really like the way the Optima handles and shoulders as well, although I have not shot it. I have no experience with the TC Impact, other than that it is TC, so it should be of good quality.

Personally, I would stay away from anything from Traditions. A couple of my friends shoot Traditions, and they are accurate, but that is about it. The new line of CVA's are basically the same price as Traditions, but of much higher quality - better fit and finish, better design, etc.

IMO, your best bet is to go to a gun store and handle the Impact, Wolf and Optima, and see which one you like the best. Any one of those 3 would be a good choice.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Spike

Your right I did ask for opinions. The reason I'm asking about those certain guns is because of the price. I'm looking for a good, accurate, elk/deer gun. Ya know, something that when it gets beat up in the brush I won't have hard feelings about it. I have several other ball and cap muzzies and pistols, all of which, I or my father have put alot of work into. None of which I want beat up when climming around the mountains here in CO.

I am leaning to the CVA but I need to put it in my hands first. Our local Sportsmans doesn't have any of these guns, so I will need to go to Denver to buy one and just want all the info on hand before I go purchase one.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

I just put up a post a little while ago about a ss/camo CVA Optima Elite combo at Cabela's for $400 marked down from $550. .50cal ML and either .270 or .30-06 CF barrel. I have the combo and my ML barrel will print 1"-2" at 100y. If you don't need the CF barrel then sell it and your ML is fairly inexpensive! Check it out on Cabela's website.

rw
Old 12-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Spike

Thats is certainly a good idea, although I would love to have another 270cal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.