Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Breechplug's 2010 Late Season MLer Buck >

Breechplug's 2010 Late Season MLer Buck

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Breechplug's 2010 Late Season MLer Buck

Old 12-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking buck Breech, congratulations
Old 12-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Spike

Congrats on the harvest. Couldn't happen to better scientist of the sport!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
So is your friend all set on eating locus tree stew through out the winter? There is a saying you know... You shot it, you eat it.
Actually My Buddy Jim is a Very Good Shot, but I think in the last few years He's Killed about 9 Tree's now, we were thinking that one over yesterday. We Hunt in the Thick Stuff, we find small sections in it where it's not so Thick to put our Stands and try and not to cut too much stuff to disturbe the area, thus the Trees that seem to Always Save a Deer Life, LOL!
But for those who have been saying the XTP Blows up, well Im not so sure on this one as you can see from the Pics it did a Heck of a Job on that Locust Tree! And if you dont have them in your area there the Hardest Tree around here, harder than Oak and Hickory.
(BP)
Old 12-16-2010, 02:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by johnnyo
Very nice buck. Looks mature. How old do you figure?
Im guessing He was only 3 1/2 Years Old, He could have been 4 1/2. I'll find out when I get the Cape Back.
(BP)
Old 12-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Doug100g
Very Nice BP! How deep was the snow you were hunting in?

D
We were Hunting the (Flats) wich we call it, there we get the least amount of Snow as were at a lower elevation away from the Hills and Ski Country. There was probably only about 6 inches, in the last few days of Hunting we have had 20-40mph winds and Temps in the low teens with sub zero wind chills so the snow has been blowing to the places the wind has been comming from.
When I enteded the Soybean Field that Morning it was bare at the front of the field, but as I got to the end part where the wind had pushed all the snow it was about 3 feet deep there.
(BP)
Old 12-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Fork Horn

Locust tree's great for the fire place... Sweet buck Ron.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:38 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the harvest!

Just image what this buck would have weighed in good physical condition. As I look at the photos I see a gaunt/ run out deer, the bones are showing on the hips. Hopefully a deer in this physical condition would have been able to survive the winter. The size of the bladder shows me he hadn't even gotten up to relieve himself in sevral hours or a day.

Great Harvest and it is fitting for you with all the work in the thick stuff.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the really nice buck.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

Handsome buck! Thanks for letting us enjoy the saga.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Screwbolts
Congrats on the harvest!

Just image what this buck would have weighed in good physical condition. As I look at the photos I see a gaunt/ run out deer, the bones are showing on the hips. Hopefully a deer in this physical condition would have been able to survive the winter. The size of the bladder shows me he hadn't even gotten up to relieve himself in sevral hours or a day.

Great Harvest and it is fitting for you with all the work in the thick stuff.
178lbs is'nt too bad....Im guess with the Second Rut in High Gear He's been Running the Doe's a-lot. Plus the Deer have'nt been moving at all during the day because of the High Winds and Hunting Pressue we've had. The Full Bladder I suspect is because I shot Him Bedded and he has'nt relieved Himself in awhile.
Off to Track that other Buck.
(BP)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.