Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
No more 10MLs!!!!! >

No more 10MLs!!!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

No more 10MLs!!!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fritz1
You can buy as many as you want from Natchez, they have them on sale right now. blued with black stock $529.99. stainless with black stock $589.99., blue and camo $579.99., stainless and camo $629.99., stainless and wood laminated $679.99., stainless with thumbhole stock $729.99
My search on Natchez came up with this.

Availability: Currently Out of Stock, click the alert icon Request Availability Notice to be notified when product is available.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
A smokeless Encore?? Sounds like a good idea to me.

TC should have done it first anyhow. Few people want any Savage rifle. So I have no problem believing that Savage did not do well with them.

Before you start flaming me. Please notice. I did not attack Savage. I jut merely pointed out the fact that Savage is looked upon poorly by most of the shooting public. Tom.
This isnt a flame either, only an observation.

The wood stock models are very well made but are heavy. Mine will make a nice range king and great for practice with less cleaning time. Actually, basically no cleaning if i wanted other than the flash channel.

The Tupperware stocks were plain terrible even compared to many imports. They almost give them away on Doug's board. My old WinApex even had a better syth stock. Many guys just buy a $90 Boyds stock and the problem is solved.

Cabelas tried to market them as BP only even though there was no difference in barrel quality, only length. That eventually flopped which surprised me considering their marketing.

I just prefer a bit different gun for my style of hunting and distance. A sub gun does it just fine for me and weighs much less. Plus OAL is pretty long on the Savage but it has a shorter barrel than most MLs.

Lots of guys were leery of smokeless and if you are going to shoot subs you lose most of the advantages of the Savage. It certainly isn't easier to clean or cleaner than my Knights with the Lehigh NFPJ using subs.

BTW a few guys are going SML in Encores with SMI barrels or PacNors. Even H&R Handi Rifles have been converted but recoil can get a bit "brisk". Ive seen one 45/70 Bergara barrel for an Encore or Pro Hunter converted also. Break actions may not be the best choice but they have the potential. I would choose a Ruger #1 if i went that route to get the same advantages as a break action but much stronger.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 12-09-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
My search on Natchez came up with this.
I saw them in this months catalog and figured if they were on sale they would at least have them in stock. Go figure! I should have known better, I saw .284 Win. brass in there catalog on sale about 6-7 months ago, order some, they back ordered them, I am still waiting.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fritz1
I saw them in this months catalog and figured if they were on sale they would at least have them in stock. Go figure! I should have known better, I saw .284 Win. brass in there catalog on sale about 6-7 months ago, order some, they back ordered them, I am still waiting.
On Dougs board the guys are posting them as soon as they find them. They are going VERY fast and expensive except at a few small shops.

Synth/Blued are going for $550-$600 easily.