Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Knight KRB7

Old 12-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Spike

Default New Knight KRB7

Being a Varmint Hunter and Bench Rest Shooter I never got into Ml until this year when I just couldn't resist the 10 day December season in Missouri. Stumbling throught Bass Pro outlet saw a stack of Knight KRB7s. Read all I could, on this forum and various material I had at home went back and bought a blue on Black. I'm very careful about Maintainence so wasn't concerced too much about the SS models. Anyway, the good part of the Story, Mounted an Old 30 mm Tasco 3x9 bore sighted it the old fashioned way looking through the barrel and adjusted the scope to match sight pic. Took it to my bench and set up at 50 yards with a paper plate and a stick on
Bullseye. Hopeing to hit the pie plate. 1st shot was with the included lead bullet and sabot that came with the rifle, went through the bullseye. OK, loaded an SST with two50 grain pellets of 777. Shot again, Different bullet same hole, Barely expanding the first hole, this rifle has my attention. Loaded another 250 SST adjusted the scope up 1.5 inches. Another hole straight above the Bullseye
about 1.5 inches. I called it good . Sabbots loaded a little tight, called mmp and ordered some 24s. I think I'm in Love
Old 12-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ah! Love at first bang. There's nothing like scoring the first time out.

Good post pdogger. I enjoyed the read.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stick with the T7 until a better breach plug is available to you and you should be happy with its performance in the field.

They are bit dirty shooters but if you like it then that's all that matters.

I saw them too in St Charles but i also saw 2 Elite 45s and an Extreme 50 so i snatched them up during the big discounts earlier in the year.

I went back looking for a deal on a Vision but alas i was too late. IMO the Vision has some serious potential with a little work. Plus is it very unique for a break action without an exposed hammer.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Spike

Default knight krb7

Do you all think there will be availability of parts, Im a little queasy with the state of Knight (or not)
Old 12-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Spike

Yea theirs Knight parts out there.Hes talking about sticking with T7 powder till a good breech plug comes out for blackhorn 209 for it
Old 12-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by zZ50CalZz
Yea theirs Knight parts out there.Hes talking about sticking with T7 powder till a good breech plug comes out for blackhorn 209 for it
Correct

Knight is doing "ok" atm and has always sold parts as far as i know. They just sold their first 20 guns under the new owners also.

The KRB isnt very BH209 friendly but neither are some other guns without a few mods. Personally i like a rolling or falling block design and hope a BH209 friendly breach plug is offered for them.

I just didn't care for the way it shouldered compared to the DISC based guns. Just a preference and i got the DISCs even cheaper.

It should ignite T7 or Pyro just fine but they are a bit dirty according to the reviews ive seen. They are pretty good shooters.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 12-01-2010 at 04:00 PM.