Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The Big Boar Hog-Osama bin Laden Was Killed This Evening >

The Big Boar Hog-Osama bin Laden Was Killed This Evening

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The Big Boar Hog-Osama bin Laden Was Killed This Evening

Old 11-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default The Big Boar Hog-Osama bin Laden Was Killed This Evening

Osama bin Laden will never chase a deer out of a game plot again: Nor will he eat any small fawns. Been after this hog for about three years. I backed down from OBL when i had him cornered in a plum thicket: Looked at that big snorting hog, then down at my Encore and got out of there.

Decided to go to the place this afternoon and decided to take my muzzleloader. Was sitting in a tree stand looking at a feeder that the deer seldom come to because of two or three big boar hogs.

At about 5:45 i heard the leaves rustle in the gully behind me and here came my worthy adversary, Osama bin Laden. It is amazing how quiet a big hog can be in the dry leaves. OBL stopped on the bank <20 yards away and stood awhile: Thought he would take off but he walked about 10 yards and turned toward the feeder.

I kocked the Encore and waited. The hog turned broadside and stopped: i fired and could see nothing for about 10 seconds because of the smoke. Saw the hog running up the hill; he turned right went full tilt for about 50 more yards and started to stagger, then he went down. He thrashed for about 30 seconds and lay still.

Got out of the stand, reloaded the gun and went cautiously looking for OBL in the tall grass. These hogs sometimes appear to be dead until they hear something that brings them to their feet.

This hog was hit a little higher than i like: The heart was not hit. OBL rand about 100 yards after he was hit. Two friends, father and son, are taking the hog out. They may have a dressed weight for me tomorrow.

Distance: 30yards
Rifle: TC Encore .50
Bullet: 250 grain Shockwave
Sabot: Red one
Powder: 100 grains of 3F Pinnacle
Primer: Winchester shotgun
Attached Thumbnails The Big Boar Hog-Osama bin Laden Was Killed This Evening-osama-bin-laden-1-medium-small-.jpg   The Big Boar Hog-Osama bin Laden Was Killed This Evening-osama-bin-laden-2-small-.jpg   The Big Boar Hog-Osama bin Laden Was Killed This Evening-osama-bin-laden-3-small-.jpg  

Last edited by falcon; 11-26-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I am taking it for granted that the wound I believe I see is the entry wound which is high on the shoulder. Where should that shot been placed? It looks like a good lung shot to me. But then I do not know hog anatomy.

That is one large hog. And a heck of a set of tusks it looks like. It will be interesting to learn his weight. Congratulations on harvesting such a great hog as that. That really is something.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am taking it for granted that the wound I believe I see is the entry wound which is high on the shoulder. Where should that shot been placed? It looks like a good lung shot to me. But then I do not know hog anatomy.

That is the entry wound. The bullet did not exit. That shot is high for a good lung shot: He had bled some out the snout but not much. That high shot is most likely the reason he ran about 100 yards after being hit. A hogs heart and lungs sit low in the body, much lower than a deer. Chalk that shot up to hog fever.

Got a call from my friend. That hog is 19" through the shoulders.

Last edited by falcon; 11-26-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome! I like a good long hunt for a Animal that comes to a Happy Ending for the Hunter. Rotten Old Osama finally got what was comming to him, hey I thought Muslims Hate Pork! Now it's time for the Smoke Chamber! Congrat's.
(BP)
Old 11-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job! That is one wild looking beast!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:55 AM
Spike

That's a fine looking hog. I guess all that time in the bush OBL let his beard get away on him.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very cool story, my friend. I have a number of muzzleloaders and I own and Encore in a similar configuration. That was an awesome hog!

Great job!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

congrats!!!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great story, great pics. Gonna keep one of the tusks as a memento?
Old 11-27-2010, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Big One!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.