Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lovell's Double!

Old 11-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Cool Lovell's Double!

Well Lil sucess for Ole' pop and I this opening weekend of ML season. Went out yesterday, got to the woods and it was 16 degrees. Ridiculously cold for this time. Well dad didnt see anything while I saw Momma and 2 yearlings. Today we went out dad kills one at 6:30 then 2 hours later I look in front of me, which is a shooting lane we cut in the wodds, and the same doe and yearlings step out. That ole doe went into an alert position and stared, directly facing me, for 5 minutes. Eventually she calmed down and made her way off to the other side. I yelled at her(suppose to be some form of a bleat) and she stopped and her dang shoulder was coverd by the weeds. I though deadgomme it. And put my T/C down look to the right and there is a doe Standing there like nothin happened(not the same one) As a picked my ML up again I mak a noise and She goes on alert quarting away from me. Long story short I rushed the shot and got lucky and hit her in the neck.(not where i was aiming) But hey 2 big does puts meat on the table, Now I'm readyy for BBD!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

doall hunter

Congrats on the two harvests... It is always fun to be successful...
Old 11-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Dominant Buck

congratulations on your harvest.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the deer.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the fun and excitement. We open up in MO this Saturday and they are rutting hard.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gotbuck
Congrats on the fun and excitement. We open up in MO this Saturday and they are rutting hard.
Thank you, and it seems that we are going to have an early rut this year too. Plenty of reports of seeing bucks cahsin does hard, head down and everything. Luckly, (in response to the hunters) TWRA moved the second part of ML to next weekend, not at the end of the season like it has been. I'm hopin Big daddy will be crusin.