HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lovell's Double!
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 02:12 PM
doall hunter
Fork Horn

Cool Lovell's Double!

Well Lil sucess for Ole' pop and I this opening weekend of ML season. Went out yesterday, got to the woods and it was 16 degrees. Ridiculously cold for this time. Well dad didnt see anything while I saw Momma and 2 yearlings. Today we went out dad kills one at 6:30 then 2 hours later I look in front of me, which is a shooting lane we cut in the wodds, and the same doe and yearlings step out. That ole doe went into an alert position and stared, directly facing me, for 5 minutes. Eventually she calmed down and made her way off to the other side. I yelled at her(suppose to be some form of a bleat) and she stopped and her dang shoulder was coverd by the weeds. I though deadgomme it. And put my T/C down look to the right and there is a doe Standing there like nothin happened(not the same one) As a picked my ML up again I mak a noise and She goes on alert quarting away from me. Long story short I rushed the shot and got lucky and hit her in the neck.(not where i was aiming) But hey 2 big does puts meat on the table, Now I'm readyy for BBD!