Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Opening day success in VA >

Opening day success in VA

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Opening day success in VA

Old 10-31-2010, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Breechplug
All I have used for over 15 years are the 240gr XTP Bullets, they are awsome! I use them in My ACCURA with 110grs of Pyro RS and Win W209 Primers, or T7 Primers, both group the same with each Primer.
I have had Excellant results with the XTP's, never lost one Deer while using them and they are accurate as hell out of My ACCURA.
Now 100yds is'nt bad, I have seen Deer go that Far on a Double Lung shot and others go 15yds on the same shot. Every Deer is different, it all depends on the Deer and what he and you were doing at the time of the shot. I think a Spooked Deer at the time of the shot will go further, and also some Deer just plain go further, some Die and some Fly. It's like when you shoot a Big Tom Turkey and he just falls over dead and the next one you get Flaps and Flaps his wings even though he's done.
All that matters is You Got Him, dont give up on the XTP's, they never let me down and Im sure they'll continue to keep your Freezer Full.
Congrat's!
(BP)
(BP)
I won't give up on the XTP...they shoot too well out of the accura. Had a great bloodtrail for 30 yds and then it stopped. Just had to look around for a little while
Old 10-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. I didn't see squat...ALL DAY!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Spike

Congrats, I got a spike 30 minutes into the season, gotta love that.

Gravy