Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Got my hunting license.  And my "muzzleloading license".  Grrrr. >

Got my hunting license. And my "muzzleloading license". Grrrr.

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got my hunting license. And my "muzzleloading license". Grrrr.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Wisconsin has a number of license options for residents. But to make this short... you purchase a license and then stamps to hunt, or trap, or fish.

The Conservation Patron license is now $165.00 and that does not include all the things you need. Its a money pit and the DNR loves it.

That was why after the DNR decimated the deer herd with encouraging over hunting and unlimited permits in some places, (all at an extra fee) some hunters stopped deer hunting. The DNR panicked. Their money pit was drying up. Investigations were started in the government to find out what happened to our deer herds. But the hunters knew that was all a smoke and mirrors show and nothing would be done about it.

Not to be blasphemous but I have contemplated not deer hunting this year. I figured the deer need a break and a chance to come back. Also sitting out in the freezing cold watching squirrels and blue jays all day can get to be a drag. Plus I would save a little money to boot.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

It is a terrible shame that Wisconsin is that way.Is the DNR chief, elected or appointed?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Appointed. And that has been a debated topic as well.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Not only that, most of the people that are at the top have no back round in wildlife management what soever. I call it have a sever case of CRAINIUMRECTUMITIOUS. OBAMA fits into that category also.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

Hey 7.62NATO
My farm is located near FortValley Va and I am resident of MD so I have to pay $214......every year........They don't care if I own land or not still a NON RESIDENT.........
Old 10-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess AR does have some good points, the over 65 lic. I bought 8 years ago takes care of that and cost the same as a regular Sportsman lic..
The only thing I have to have for hunting or fishing is the HIP and if I apply for WMA [not likely as I have my own land to hunt and a place on the Little Red to fish] or IF I get drawn for the state elk hunt, also are required to have a trout stamp, and a duck stamp.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Urban_Redneck
No state gets you like NJ
you got that right !
Old 10-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

I live in NC but hunt VA. I pay 218 for all my licenses which include big game, muzzleloading, and archery. Not terribly bad when you think of all the species I can hunt. In the last few years Ive added grouse and bear to my turkey and deer hunting.I just wish my 60 buck fishing license was included too.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

NY's not too bad but there's a-lot of Hunters throwing in the towel over the Increase in Hunting License Prices. Our Top Hunting License is the (Conservation Legacy) it's $96, you get Small Game, Big Game, Bowhunting, Muzzleloading and Fishing. Plus a Habitat Access Stamp and a Subscription to the Conservation Magazine.
With this License we get 4 Turkey Tags, 2 for Spring and 2 for Fall, and depending on what County you live in you can either take 1 or 2 Turkeys in the Fall. You get a Bear Tag for Big Game Season. You get a Regular Season Buck Tag wich if not filled during the Regular Gun (Deer Season) you can use it for Late Muzzleloading Season or Late Archery Season and it can also be used as a Buck or Doe tag during the late Seasons. We also get a a Either Sex Tag that is good for Early Archery Season or Late ML Season and Late Archery Season. A Antlerless Tag that is Good for Early Archery or Late Archery or Late ML Season.WE Apply for a (DMP) A Deer Management Permit for a extra $10 and can be used for Doe's Only and Only for the County you choose when you applied for it, this DMP Tag can also be Transferred to another Hunter and used during Gun, Bow and Late ML and Archery Seasons, a Hunter can also (if not used) Transfer it to another Hunter or give it back to the Original Hunter to use. A Hunter can receive up to 2 Transferred DMP Tags, Plus the One or Two (if Lucky) of his Own DMP Tags. So If Your Lucky enough you can take 2 Bucks and 5 Doe's During the Hunting Season, that's saying you get 2 DMP (Doe Tags) when you apply for them, most Hunters get 1, and that you also get 2 DMP Tags Transferred to you from other Hunters.
So for the $96 License Fee and an additional $10 DMP Fee, $106 Total you get a-lot of Hunting Prvilages. Some say this is TOO MUCH Money, but think of it, the guy that just spent $1200 on his New Bow and Hundreds more on Hunting Clothes and ect, ect that this License Fee is not that Much for what you get. Heck you spend that Taking your Girl out on a Saturday Night.
If you Trap or Hunt Waterfawl there's extra Fees on top of the Conservation Legacy License.
(BP)
Old 10-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Yup - Many states have gotten very creative on how to increase revenue without raising "taxes" - just add more fees to everything from hiking (land use fee) to hunting & fishing licenses.

7.62 NATO said:
I'm counting the hours until Saturday morning
Well - I'm counting the hours until Tuesday morning when I can help vote some of these liberals out of office and replace our ultra-liberal Governor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.