HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got my hunting license. And my "muzzleloading license". Grrrr.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Wisconsin has a number of license options for residents. But to make this short... you purchase a license and then stamps to hunt, or trap, or fish.

The Conservation Patron license is now $165.00 and that does not include all the things you need. Its a money pit and the DNR loves it.

That was why after the DNR decimated the deer herd with encouraging over hunting and unlimited permits in some places, (all at an extra fee) some hunters stopped deer hunting. The DNR panicked. Their money pit was drying up. Investigations were started in the government to find out what happened to our deer herds. But the hunters knew that was all a smoke and mirrors show and nothing would be done about it.

Not to be blasphemous but I have contemplated not deer hunting this year. I figured the deer need a break and a chance to come back. Also sitting out in the freezing cold watching squirrels and blue jays all day can get to be a drag. Plus I would save a little money to boot.