Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Renegade single trigger >

Renegade single trigger

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Renegade single trigger

Old 10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Spike

Default Renegade single trigger

Are there any problems with Renegade single triggers? I only have experience with the set trigger type. Can they be adjusted or honed or what have you to have a light pull? I am considering buying a rifle with the single trigger. Can a set trigger and guard be switched or will the stock have to be changed also? Thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

zeek99

Most of the single trigger Renegades that I have tried, the triggers are not that bad - certainly not like an adjustable trigger but functional.

Honing can help if it is down right.

I AM NOT SURE - but I think the stocks are the same for a single or set trigger - so conversion is certainly a possibility... A call to TC customer Service might give you the answer you need. Or Cayugad might even know for sure - he might have a couple...
Old 10-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a picture of one with the set trigger. Tom.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Dominant Buck

To the best of my knowledge, you can purchase a double set trigger and change it out for the single trigger but I would not do that. Their single triggers in my rifles are really good. And I have kind of gotten to where I like them. Although three of my Renegades have the double set triggers. My Black Mountain Magnum has the same trigger as your Renegade and it was a little stiff when I first got it, but it seems to have smoothed out perfect now and is just a joy to shoot.

Call T/C and ask them if that trigger can be adjusted. I am sure they could talk you through it.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned a 50 cal with the double triggers and a 54 cal with the single. By far I prefer the single. Mine is as fine as frog's hair. I also prefer the single trigger guard.