Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
If you could only pic one ML wich one would be your Favorite? >

If you could only pic one ML wich one would be your Favorite?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

If you could only pic one ML wich one would be your Favorite?

Old 10-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default If you could only pic one ML wich one would be your Favorite?

I know most of you Guy's have Multiple Mlers, but I know you also have a Favorite (A True Friend you can count on) wich one would it be if you could only have one?
For me it would be My CVA ACCURA Camo/SS, for some reason (and I have 3 ACCURA's) this one is a True Shooter, better than the other's, and better than all the other's I have ever owned. It may be me but I think all MLers (and other Guns) even though the same Brand there's always one that stands out above the rest in Preformance, so that one goes with me when the going gets tough, it's part of me and like My Best Friend, I have No Doubt that when I squeeze the Trigger it will hit where Im aiming, so that's the one I will use.
(BP)
Old 10-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess I would have to pick my White Ultra Mag Model 97 .504 caliber. While it is old technology, it is built like a tank, and shoots anything you want to load. Also for throwing conical bullets there is no better rifle then this one.

For a Traditional rifle it would be my Renegades.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mine (by a very slight margin) would be the .50 TC Hawken with its Green Mountain LRH barrel. For me, it's the best of both worlds - a classic style that shoots sabots like there's no tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Breechplug

For myself, this is an impossible task... but today right now at this moment..

Elk Hunting - Knight DISC Extreme 52 cal - thumbhole - 120 grains of T7-2f with a Lehigh .458/300 grain DOA

And for the deer season - it is deer season now but we do not shoot deer during elk season.... I will switch to a Knight DISC Elite #71 - 45 cal - 110 grains of T7-2f - Lehigh .400/200 grain DOA...

But I have so many other really good ones....

Edit for an addition:

The ML's shown above are what I use during our regular rifle season here in Idaho, when ML season rolls around then I move to one of these...

Last edited by sabotloader; 10-18-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Breechplug, cool thread idea!

Myself, i just don't have a favorite. Each of mine has a favorite place to be used. The X7 with a peep sight is used in the timber during muzzle loader season. The X7 with a scope is used in the timber during rifle season. The Accura with a peep sight will be used on the prairie during muzzle loader season. The Triumph with a scope is used on the prairie during rifle season.

The Accura V2 has never left the house; there is an extra scope that could be installed. Them rubber inserts in the stock seem kinda nice, as does the stock itself. What will i do with this one?
Old 10-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

This in one of the Far Speakers, I call it the flat lander. It shoots so well I take it on centerfier rifle hunts. The bullets are 460 gr 500 S&W bullets paper patched and sized to fit the rifle, they are called moose maulers. I have never shot an animal twice with this rifle. Ron
Old 10-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

It would be my TC Black Diamond with a modified breech plug.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:14 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

i've been thinking about your question for awhile now,i'm gettin a headache and i just plain refuse to choose.......karl

now do me a favour,get that bow in yer hand,git in da woods,arrow a nice 10pt. and have a great day
Old 10-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kb1
i've been thinking about your question for awhile now,i'm gettin a headache and i just plain refuse to choose.......karl

now do me a favour,get that bow in yer hand,git in da woods,arrow a nice 10pt. and have a great day
Oh Come on, there's got to be one that you like a little more than the rest for some reason?
No Archery Hunting for me yet,,,,still too Damn Busy! Grape Season is taking longer than expected, we still have 2 More Farms to Pic and if we dont Hurry the Factories are gona close on us!
I did have a few Spare Hours last night, but insted of going out I put some more Wood in the Woodshed, our Weather is taking a Big Turn for the worse and My Wood was all nice and dry so I had to get more in there. Rain this week then (Snow Flurries) by Thursday'
But by the First week of November you could'nt keep me out of the Woods when the Big Boy's start Rutting
Old 10-18-2010, 03:44 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

i hear ya breechplug,a big part of my getting ready for hunting season is getting that firewood in.the snow will be here soon enough.good luck getting them grapes in and also the deer....karl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.