Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
If you could only pic one ML wich one would be your Favorite? >

If you could only pic one ML wich one would be your Favorite?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

If you could only pic one ML wich one would be your Favorite?

Old 10-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Breechplug
MD, how does the Optima compare to your ACCURA V2? I was thinking of getting a Optima insted of the V2, Im not big on the looks of the V2, but the Optima looks good. Plus the Optima has the QRBP and the SS Bergara Barrel the same as the V2 and less money.
(BP)
Oh boy, the stock on the V2 is simply amazing when in my hands. As silly as it seemed, the rubber grip panels does make for a solid hold, along with the soft touch on the stock. Im hunting with the Optima Nov 6th-13th this year because its pretty light weight with the scope and mounts + it feels good shooting off hand.
Plus she really looks good in pictures!

Old 10-23-2010, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Semisane
How's the trigger on yours?

Surprisingly good for a gun in this price range. It is about 4#s and is nice and grisp.

I originally bought this gun as a backup for the meager price of $159, at Bass Pro Shop. No matter what I put in the barrel it is a tack driver. As of now, I am shooting a 300 gr. XTP bullet with 85 grs. of BH209 and I am very happy.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey MD, that is a good looking gun. Now if it shoots, you got yourself a fine woods gun. But knowing you, that rifle shoots.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would pick my White G-series Whitetail. Its a darn good shooter and I just love to carrying her.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

This is my favorite... We'll see if it is replaced by the build currently in process...

Old 10-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rootsy
This is my favorite... We'll see if it is replaced by the build currently in process...

Nice Looking ML! Remends me of My 50cal Dixie Gun Works (Poor Boy) mines 58 1/2" Long, how long is that Baby? I hate them close shots, you have to back up a yard or two to shoot
(BP)
Old 10-27-2010, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Nice Looking ML! Remends me of My 50cal Dixie Gun Works (Poor Boy) mines 58 1/2" Long, how long is that Baby? I hate them close shots, you have to back up a yard or two to shoot
(BP)
Don't have any idea of OAL. I am 5' 7" and with her set on my foot the muzzle is about nose level. Has a 50 cal 42" Green Mountain B weight swamped tube. I cut it to a 13 1/2" LOP.

Currently building a Lancaster with a 38" C weight Rice in 54.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Spike

For me it would be my Bk 92 black Kinght. 100 grains of t7 and 200 hornay. Never let's me down.