Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

too many

Old 10-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
If you really wonder about such things, also consider why you don't eat the same meal three times a day, 365 days a year. What do they say about variety? Also, the best excuse for buying another gun is that you don't own one yet. What more reason do you really need?

This is America. If a feller wants to live in a place where personal possessions are based on need, he can head toward the border and keep on going. Eventually he'll find paradise.
Did I say or ask about something that offended you? If so I'm sorry. I am certainly not attacking anyones right to bear arms in any way, As I mentioned I would have more if I could afford them even without any need for them. That's what is puzzleing to me. And the question was also raised just to find out if I am unusual in that respect and to find if my numer of BP guns was normal. As I see it is below the average. And I want to thank everyone for their responses.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Smile

it's alright "plucky",Uncle Norby just gets on his soapbox sometimes .and we kinda like him that way.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Heck, I thought old Uncle put it perfectly, and sure didn't view it as taking a shot at anyone. We have it so good in the U.S.A. that it's easy to forget how blessed our freedoms and rights are. We just have to hang on to them for our grandkids.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

I guess I'll bring the average down some by listing my ML's.
1 - White .504 Ultra Mag.

Now if we're talking fishing rods - that's a different story.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jaybe
I guess I'll bring the average down some by listing my ML's.
1 - White .504 Ultra Mag.

Now if we're talking fishing rods - that's a different story.
if you're only going to have one...you've decided well!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I at one time had 7 MLers, but I then would find My Favorite one (A True Shooter and a Real Friend) Ya know the one that just seems to outshoot all the others and never ever lets you down, so you use that one knowing it will be there for you, then the rest just collect Dust.
Even though them ol Dust Collectors did there job when they had to, to me there's no sence anymore in keeping them when you just use your Favorite, so I got rid of most of them. But I did Buy 2 more of My Favorites because I liked em so much, but even though you have (like me) 3 of the same ML, there's always one that just shoots better than the others even though there the same ML and for me that one is My Favorite (My CVA ACCURA Camo/SS)
So for MLers I have (4) 3 CVA ACCURA's and My Old First ever used MLer back when I could only use Patch and Round Ball and No Scope, a Dixi Gun Works 50Cal Poor Boy, over 4 1/2' Long of Pure Pleasure, Steady Dead on Shootin MLer, A True Classic that I will never get rid of.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

I've sold most of my muzzleloaders this year. I'm down to 5 Whites.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

To the OP, I was not offended at all. Sometimes the tone that is intended is not the one that comes across. Also, in your last post you are making the same point I am when you say you'd buy another ML if you had the money, even though you don't feel you really need another. We have the right to do with our money (some of it at least) as we see fit. You don't need to wonder about this, it is completely normal. There are guys that like cars and have several, there are guys that own more than a few motorcycles. Obviously nobody can drive more than one.