Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
300 grain FPB's in a Black Mountain >

300 grain FPB's in a Black Mountain

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

300 grain FPB's in a Black Mountain

Old 09-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Dave - thanks for the report.
Now, I kinda feel like this is a stupid question, but since you are stymied about the POI from 25 to 50 yds (as I am), I'll ask it anyway.
Did you do anything different concerning resting the rifle when you moved out to 50? I know that changing from a soft rest to a hard rest can make the barrel vibrate differently and cause a change in impact.
That's the only thing I thought of as a possibility.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Not that I could think of. I did have to raise the front part of the rest a small amount to get on target, but other then that, I have "spot" I must touch, before I shoot. I have my elbows on the table in certain spots, the side of the rest against the inside of my right forearm, and all of them were the same.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Yup - I figgered as much with as much shooting as you do, but just had to ask.
Maybe you'll just have to write it off as a fluke. Looks like you've got it pretty well dialed in now.