Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
First time with Super Safari >

First time with Super Safari

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

First time with Super Safari

Old 09-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default First time with Super Safari

I took a little time this morning to shoot my new to me gun. I just trusted that the scope would be close. It was. I was shooting at 85 yards.
I was using 70 grains of goex 3f and shooting a 420 grain lead conical.

My first shot out of the clean gun was up and to the right. The next three were in there pretty good and I was getting use to the gun.
Then I put my dog in my shop cuz she was driving me nutz and started a five shot group on a new target. My first four shots were right above the bulls eye and a decent group. Then on my fifth shot I BLEW IT. It went to the left. I knew it the moment I pulled the trigger.

On all these shots I had been swabbing with one alchohol patch between shots. I know some don't swab with their Whites so I thought I'd try shooting without swabbing.

Not so good. At least not with this load on this day.
I am really happy with the way this gun shoots and handles. I need more work on my shooting but I never claimed I was good.
Art

Last edited by flounder33; 09-05-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

flounder33

Congrats!!!! It is awful hard to beat a White! They are so well built and so strong... Things will just get better as you shoot your new gun.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:59 PM
mountaineer magic

That's pretty darn good for the first time out. I think you have a winner there. Now if you want sub 1" groups at 100 yards you have 2 choices. if you have the money there are experts who will help. If you don't have the money then you need to ask the weasel

Old 09-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Dominant Buck

first time out.. that is some good shooting. It will only get better.