Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
A visit to Knight rifles >

A visit to Knight rifles

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A visit to Knight rifles

Old 08-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

A couple of things I noticed in the photos.
1. The powder containers that I recognise on the table consist of Pyrodex and Goex. I'm glad to see they are using two of the most easily ignitable and consistent powders out there.
2. I notice none of the guns have their ramrods in them when they are shooting. I have started shooting without the ramrod in the gun and find very little if any difference in POI and I have one less thing to clean up.
Art
Old 08-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Roger46982
Any word on whn they are going to start selling rifles again? Anything new on the horizon?
Lots of talk about some changes. I would not think any guns would be for sale until 2011.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
Nice report and very interesting. What about the Vision model, will they keep producing the current model with the improrved PB? I am shooting one and love it. It is my long range ML and with BH209 and the Hornady FPB bullet it is a great combination!
I would only hope and improved Vision would be made some day.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deer655
Great report, like the others, any word on new guns coming out in the future?
A lot of talk for sure. I hope to see some early 2011.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flounder33
A couple of things I noticed in the photos.
1. The powder containers that I recognise on the table consist of Pyrodex and Goex. I'm glad to see they are using two of the most easily ignitable and consistent powders out there.
2. I notice none of the guns have their ramrods in them when they are shooting. I have started shooting without the ramrod in the gun and find very little if any difference in POI and I have one less thing to clean up.
Art
Gordy shot 777, and i shot BH209. They are all about using all the powders that people use. All ML'S had the rods out when shooting. I actually prefer mine in.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did get confirmation that Knight Rifles will be selling sabots seperately for those people who do not want to use Barnes bullets.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tom do you have any idea if they will keep producing a break action ? And hopefully make a couple of needed improvements.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Tom do you have any idea if they will keep producing a break action ? And hopefully make a couple of needed improvements.
I can tell you highly suggested it.