Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
A visit to Knight rifles >

A visit to Knight rifles

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A visit to Knight rifles

Old 08-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A visit to Knight rifles

I have been wanting to make a trip to Knight rifles for a few months now. Well on Wednesday i finally made it with a warm welcome from Gordy Edwards. I've been wanting to meet him for several years now and finally did. What a great guy and very down to earth.

So after talking a while at the Hotel we decided to drive over and see the facility. I got to admit i was very surprised at all the inventory they have. Stocks,bullets,barrels,accessories,and so on. I thought i have seen all Knight products, but that's not the case at all. A few things really surprised me that i have not seen.

After walking threw the Knight Rifles area, he took me into the office area of PI INC. I got to meet several people including Jeff the Owner and Todd the CFO. Two really nice people and avid hunters. They have mounts all over the place. And some really huge Elk. I mean huge.

It was pretty late and we decided to go to Dinner. Todd met me and Gordy at the restaurant and we discussed Knight Rifles and the competition over some food and Lemonade. After Dinner Gordy told me the game plan for Thursday. I will mention, i don't think it was below 100 degrees the whole time i was there.

So i got up early Thursday morning and met Gordy at the range around 8:00AM. We got targets set up and benches. Around 8:30am the customer service team was coming for some training from Gordy and to do a little shooting.

I am very bad at remembering names but Jennifer i will not forget. You talk about about the perfect person to head up the service team and get Knight Rifles customer service back to wear it once was. She asked a lot of questions and really wants to learn everything about Knight Rifles. Heck, i wished we worked for me

So Gordy worked with several people and and a couple hours later we headed for some breakfast. A late breakfast i should add. So after breakfast we went back to the range and started shooting some different guns and loads. Todd also joined us for awhile as well. At the end of the day, we were shooting water jugs off a fence post at 225 yards and that was fun. Even Todd's 11 year old son Tanner was able to shoot the jugs off the post at that distance. I was very impressed with his sons ability to shoot and handle the 50cal ML with 120grns of BH209 and a 250grn bullet. It was a long hot day but a lot of fun.Todd and Tanner had dinner with me and Gordy and called it a night.

Friday morning we met at the factory and talked about a few things and headed to lunch around noon. After lunch i really started packing up because i was leaving around 2:30 to drive back to the airport. I do want to mention Eric at Knight Rifles. He was constantly packing up orders an working really hard. This guy is doing a great job as far as i could see. I also spent sometime with him and he's really excited about working and the future of Knight rifles. What another great person at Knight rifles.

So right before i left i sat down with Todd for a few minutes and talked about the Disc Elite and gave him some of my opinions on making a new ML and what i thought was best. It was a great trip and hope to go back again and visit sometime in the near future.

I got a few pics to put up but for some reason Photobucket is not cor operating right now.

Last edited by Grouse45; 08-14-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a picture of Jennifer shooting a 1/2" two shot group. That's Gordy in the back saying please dont out shoot me. LOL

Last edited by Grouse45; 08-14-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's Todd in action shooting at 225yds.

Here are some of the other customer service people as well.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:45 AM
Typical Buck

Any word on whn they are going to start selling rifles again? Anything new on the horizon?
Old 08-15-2010, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

Tom,
Nice report.......I want to be at the head of the line when they start selling a new rifle. Was going to buy a CVA but thats been on hold waiting for Knights return.
chuck
Old 08-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the update Tom. Sounds like a great time.
Art
Old 08-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Nice report and very interesting. What about the Vision model, will they keep producing the current model with the improrved PB? I am shooting one and love it. It is my long range ML and with BH209 and the Hornady FPB bullet it is a great combination!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds like a real nice trip there. And it would be fun to meet those people that you talk to on the phone once in a while. It does sound like they are all geared up. It will be exciting to see where they go from here. Great report as usual...
Old 08-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the report and pics Tom !

Great to hear some of the folks I've spoken to at Knight are doing well and there's hope going forward. That Gordy is a class act.

I can't image Knight can come up for something better than my Elites (45 & 50) with the Lehigh adapter.... but I'll be watching .

Rob
Old 08-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Great report, like the others, any word on new guns coming out in the future?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.