Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
which muzzle loader is best? >

which muzzle loader is best?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

which muzzle loader is best?

Old 06-19-2010, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

If you are serious and want to do this right, then get with all your firends and start trying different gun. Go to your range or gun club and ask shooters about their guns. I am sure they will let you shoot their guns. This is the best way to do this.

I know that cash is burning a hole in your pocket, but take your time and checkas many out as possible. Don't jump at what you may be told here. See for yourself.

I like inlines, but am partial to sidelocks:

Old 06-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Not so DeerandbearhoG, a .54 Lyman Great Plains is "the best".
well ill be darned, i had no idea threre was a frontstuffer that could throw a 250gr .452 better than 2300fps. J/K, I know a 54s cool and all, but the savage is a beast!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ask this question and you'll get many different answers as each of us think what we shoot is the best, that's why we have them. Can you use a scope? a Sabot? or do you have to use open sight's, there's so many good choices for your exact need.
Personally I like the CVA ACCURA, for the money it has been far the best and most accurate ML I have ever shot. A year or so back you could have picked one up for $250 and added a Leupold Ultimate Slam ML Scope to it and for your $500 you would have had a nice set up.
You cant go wrong buying a CVA or TC.
(BP)