Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

It's here

Old 06-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default It's here

My new 36 caliber came in the mail the other day. All I can say is I am very happy with it. I found a good deal on a custom built 36 caliber Tennessee Mountain Rifle. The rifle is pretty "Plain Jane". but then I think that is the nature of the Tennessee Mountain Rifle. What I am impressed with is the fit and finish of the rifle. I am very impressed. And the rifle feels like a dream in my hands. I am very happy with this rifle. My friend is coming over and I hope to get out on the porch and shoot this new rifle tomorrow. I had all my accessories delivered the other day. If a custom built MZ feels this well in your hands, then I do not believe it will be long before I order a full blown 50 caliber custom rifle. These guys can do some incredible workmanship. This is going to be a fun one. Tom.

http://www.claysmithguns.com/lefthand_perc.htm

Last edited by HEAD0001; 06-18-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's a pretty one HEAD. How the heck have you avoided shooting it so far? Your trigger finger broken, or what?

I like the Plain Jane looks myself and have a powerful hankering for a .40 Southern Mountain flintlock stocked in cherry.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Semi I suffered a pretty bad injury almost two yeasrs ago. I actually haven't even been out of the living room since last Feb. My leg is getting a little better, so my buddy is coming over to help me. Hopefully with my wheelchair I can get out on the porch and shoot a little. I sure hope so. Tom.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh MAN. Bad joke on my part. Sorry. Wish I could go up there and give you a hand.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

No problem. I have it sitting in the corner of the living room so I can keep an eye on it. Hopefully there are better days ahead. Tom.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Sweet looking rifle!! Hope it shoots as good as it looks!! If so, ya got a winner!!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually for a hunting rifle, I prefer a "Plain Jane." I don't care for all the shiny stuff that can give away your position. That is why I like the Lyman GPR, all business, no useless flash.

I am interested to hear how that rifle shoots/cleans up. I have heard 32s foul quickly due to the small caliber.

Congrats on the new rifle and happy shooting!