Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Lehigh Plugs Are On Sale. UPDATED >

Lehigh Plugs Are On Sale. UPDATED

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lehigh Plugs Are On Sale. UPDATED

Old 03-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, received my in the mail today too. Mine did the same as yours.

I have a Knight LRH which should have the same bolt set up as the extreme. However, the piece that fits on the end of the bolt (original Piece) slips on without effort.

When I went to slide the new piece in, it wedged about 1/2 way in. I had to use a small wooden mallet to get it to seat all the way into the bolt. Anyone know if that is how it is supposed to fit? Once it got it fully seated, the bolt slid into the gun and would lock down.

It will be a pretty major thing to remove it for cleaning as well.

I am also wondering it this is how it is supposed to be?
Old 03-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

txhunter58

To be honest with you the primer adapter should slide into the bolt just as the Knight adapter does.

The problem may be the width of the slot in the primer adapter. If you look at the slot in the Lehigh it is a little tighter than the Knight adapter.

04jeep

Dumb question time on my part.... When you installed the BP did you use a deep socket or the Knight tool? There is some question if the Knight tool will install the Lehigh Breech Plug all the way to the seated position?

Question for both of you? to make sure I am understanding - when you go to drop the primer adapter into/onto the face of the bolt it is not dropping in place? txhunter58 you are saying that you needed to drive the adapter into place???? Can you tell me where you think the bind might have been?
Old 03-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Spike

I had a burr in the slot that I saw before I installed it. I used an India Stone to remove it. This may be your problem.

The Knight Tool needs to have the ID drilled deeper for clearance as it was not designed for NFPJ Breechplugs.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Spike

HI thanks, i used the knight tool and the breech plug seemed to bottom out no more turning and yes i had to use rubber hammer to set the primer adp on my bolt face,the bolt still will not close all the way but with the knight system all works great maybe i got a bad one...any ideas..?/?

Last edited by 04jeep; 03-01-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I had to drive it into place, and I am not sure how I will get it off.

Now a new problem. Fired off two primers. They both fired great, even had some flame come out the end of the barrel. HOWEVER, when I went to pull the bolt back, it would not come back. I had to apply probably 50 lbs of pressure to get the primer to let go (I use Remington STS primers)

I have had some primers stick after shooting before with the regular set up, but it didn't take anywhere near as much force to get the bolt back as now. I mean, I thought I would have to use my hammer to get it back! Not sure what I can do about that, but it won't be good in the field. AND that was with a primer only. What will happen when I have powder and a bullet in front of it???
Old 03-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Spike

LOOKS like we have a problem here.........some body should get a hold of dave and see whats going on here......wtf..

Last edited by 04jeep; 03-01-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by txhunter58
Yes, I had to drive it into place, and I am not sure how I will get it off.

Now a new problem. Fired off two primers. They both fired great, even had some flame come out the end of the barrel. HOWEVER, when I went to pull the bolt back, it would not come back. I had to apply probably 50 lbs of pressure to get the primer to let go (I use Remington STS primers)

I have had some primers stick after shooting before with the regular set up, but it didn't take anywhere near as much force to get the bolt back as now. I mean, I thought I would have to use my hammer to get it back! Not sure what I can do about that, but it won't be good in the field. AND that was with a primer only. What will happen when I have powder and a bullet in front of it???
The breech plug is only recommended with Federal 209A primers. The Remington STS might be a fatter primer. If that's not the case the plug would need replaced.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sent him an email
Old 03-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Spike

i did to, hope he works it out with us
Old 03-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 04jeep
HI thanks, i used the knight tool and the breech plug seemed to bottom out no more turning and yes i had to use rubber hammer to set the primer adp on my bolt face,the bolt still will not close all the way but with the knight system all works great maybe i got a bad one...any ideas..?/?
It sounds like your Knight tool is bottoming out. Try using a deep well socket with an extension to make sure the breech plug is all the way in. It really sounds like it's not. If it is all the way in just email Dave with your problem. He will make it right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.