Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Turkeys and Surveying >

Turkeys and Surveying

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Turkeys and Surveying

Old 02-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default Turkeys and Surveying

One of our surveyors was in a high end subdivision and look walked up to say hello. If this does not get you going for turkey season nothing will.
Attached Thumbnails Turkeys and Surveying-turkeys-005.jpg   Turkeys and Surveying-turkeys-003.jpg   Turkeys and Surveying-turkeys-004.jpg  
Old 02-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't wait 'til April!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Might not be the best place to fire a gun, but an arrow and a quick retreat might work.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Dominant Buck

A lot of the better wooded subdivisions in southern Wisconsin are seeing the same thing happening. My father lives in one such town and he sees deer and turkey in his backyard. I warned him to leave them alone though.

That is a nice looking gobbler.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

cayugad
Not all of us have to leave them alone. I have had a permit to hunt in town with a bow or crossbow for four years in a row along with a number of other people here in town. Year before last we put over 2000 pounds of venison in the food bank and that don't count any we kept for our self. They are pretty well thinned out now so several of us are going to suggest to the mayor that they cancel the next year hunt some people like to see a few around. The car, deer accidents got bad around here several kids were hurt or killed in them so they decided to try a bow hunt. No incidents no problem and a lot of meat in the food bank; the mayor said we did the town proud.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

No incidents no problem and a lot of meat in the food bank; the mayor said we did the town proud

So say I
Old 02-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Dominant Buck

And that is understandable Lemoyne. There were some cities that were considering that same thing. But our DNR rules around here. What they say goes or else.

Must be cool to have permits for that. I have a friend in the cities that watches one of the biggest bucks I ever saw. But he said that buck is very careful about coming into yards. The deer were eating the flower bed plants and gardens something terrible where he lived.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant wait for turkey season, turkeys run a very close second to deer for me. I have been seeing a flock of 11 gobblers running together this past fall and winter. They have been hitting my clover and rape, I'm ready for april 10 to get here.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have so many Turkeys here that it's too easy to get them, I gave em up. Sometime's I go out an call in a few Tough Old Toms for Friends that need some help though. I watch them in my Yard just about every day and they wake me up in the Morning in the Spring Gobblin there buts off.
To me there not that Great Eatin and with me if Im not gonna eat them than Im not gonna Hunt them.
(BP)