Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
tc customer service >

tc customer service

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

tc customer service

Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default tc customer service

Couldn't find the thread that someone started comparing knight and tc customer service so sorry for that, I would've posted it there... but...I can say one thing, so far I am not impressed at all by TC service. I sent them an email about the rust I encountered in the bone collector barrel over two weeks ago and finally got a response back today. It was worthless response. It didn't address really any of my question. I hope I never have a real issue b/c if I do, I will be nervous about how they handle it.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Banned

let me guess, they told you to use bore butter patches?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

They said to use Tc bore cleaner followed by 3 dry patches followed by reg. gun oil inside and out...and that is all they said....I should copy and paste my questions and their answer quick....
They must think I am stupid or something.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

We recommend using T17 bore solvent, 2-3 patches to dry then using standard gun oil inside and out side of the barrel. The Weather Shield is to protect against rusting or pitting during moist elements. Thank you and have a nice day.

Dear Customer Service:

I am the owner of a new TC Triumph Bone Collector. I love the gun, except for one thing, the inside of the barrel. I have 3 muzzleloaders and never have had a rust issue in them. I clean my guns to perfection and each time I have shot this gun, I clean it to a shine. A week later I check it and sure enough there are rust pits/spots in the gun.

What good is Weathershield if its only on the outside?

Do you have any suggestions for a cleaner/lube after cleaning to try?

Do you have an all stainless barrel available for this gun?

Thanks for your time,

Josh Salisbury

Minnesota

Old 02-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

I have been reading several horror stories concerning T/C's customer service. It is too bad that a good company has turned sour! Could it be due to the change of hands to Smith and Wesson?

In fact, I own several T/C products that were purchased and serviced prior to the buyout. One time, during the course of a household move, my TCR'83 had its buttstock gouged. I don't know how it happened as it was still in the box that came with the gun when I purchased it. I could only imagine the movers opening the box and dropping the rifle????? In either case the moving company was set to pay for the damage. So I contacted T/C and explained the situation. I was instructed to package the gun and send it back to them and for the mere price of $150 they would make the repairs. So I packaged the gun and included a message with what had happened along with the check stapled to it and placed it in the box. I sent the box on a Friday via UPS. By Friday of the next week my wife called me at work to tell me my gun had returned. All day I could only think of what could have gone wrong and why it had come back so soon!!!

When I got home and opened the box I could not believe my eyes!! Not only had T/C replaced the original wood stock with some awesome figured wood they also converted my gun to handle the magnum calibers!! Further, my letter and my check were inside with a short hand written message on the back side that read "Hope you enjoy your gun"!!!!!! From that day on I have always preached the good word of T/C!

However, it seems that day may have passed!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Dominant Buck

mnprohunter... prior to the rust issue, what were you doing to protect the bore of the rifle. Lets say you cleaned it free of fouling. Now before you put it away, what did you do?

While I do not use the T/C 17 I do use alcohol, then dry patch the barrel and then apply Montana Extreme Gun Oil. I was checking my barrels today, and none of them show a hint of any rust after setting for some, up to two months.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well prohunter, they did answer two of your three questions. The recommendation to clean the bore with their product and then protect the barrel with gun oil seems reasonable to me. The response about weathershield's purpose is factual, though they might have explained why it's not applied inside the bore. Don't know why they didn't answer your third question. We all know the answer is "no, the Bone Collector isn't available in stainless", but why not send the email back to them again and repeat the question. It would be interesting to see how they respond.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you have an all stainless barrel available for this gun?
Stainless will rust as well if not taken care of.
There is no reason for any bore to rust if cleaned and protected with appropriate products.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
let me guess, they told you to use bore butter patches?
Guessed wrong.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Banned

i was close. they told him to use some type of cleaning patch of theirs

try tried having me send in a rifle because the open sights were adjusted out all the way. They wanted to replace the barrel on it. Heck no, much better to just buy a new set of aftermarket sights than to get an replacement barrel that may not shoot as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.