Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Shelf life- 777 pellets? >

Shelf life- 777 pellets?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shelf life- 777 pellets?

Old 01-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Shelf life- 777 pellets?

Sorry for the question. I know this topic has been discussed, but I am not very adept at using the search function. I have 2 boxes of pellets (50 gr and 30 gr). Both boxes are 2 years old, and are stored in a plano shooters box that seems pretty darn airtight. That box sits in a utility room that is not damp or moist at all. The pellets shot fine this fall and shot accurately. Just curious how long these things will last? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had Pellets that were 3 years old that shot fine and grouped the same as new one's. But I usually try and finish off the one's I had bought for this Hunting Season over the Winter for Coyote's and through the Summer for Fun Shooting. I like to have a Fresh Batch every New Hunting Season. I guess it mostly depends on Storage, where you live and the Humidity.
For a Piece of Mind and all you spend on Hunting Equiptment, time off to Hunt and weather or not you get a crack at a Big Buck, I'd go with new every year.
(BP)
Old 01-30-2010, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

I have also had pellets that lasted a couple years, yet last year I bought a box of Triple Seven and they were bad right from the store. From the way you describe your storage, you should have no problems.