Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Chapter 2 - Rem 700ml Bolt Converson >

Chapter 2 - Rem 700ml Bolt Converson

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Chapter 2 - Rem 700ml Bolt Converson

Old 01-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Grouse45

Can you use have it tapped to use the Knight QR????
I am thinking about that, but the track in the bolt is much wider than a Knight - so I am thinking that would make the bolt action a bit sloppy...
Old 01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Spike

Sabotloader,I have both of the conversions and am using the Precision version.I was thinking that I would use the Lavaltrie version to do what you did.I think that I would like to weld the slot that is holding the spring shut and toss the spring.

I am using the CCI M primers and they don't seat to the flange,on both version really.Did you have this issue or does your conversion press the primer into place?The Precision version is tighter than the Lavaltrie.I reamed the pocket some but I didn't want to make the fit sloppy so I just made it so the primer seats abit deeper but still not to the flange.Do you think it would hurt to ream it further so it seats flush but tight?

On your unit it looks like you turned the hammer back to make the firing pin?How far back did you go and what is the diameter of the pin?How much did you take off the bolt?How does the pin set to the face of the bushing,is it flush or recessed some?

Sorry for all the questions! thanks, nmaineron
Old 01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

springer94

I think that I would like to weld the slot that is holding the spring shut and toss the spring.
Certainly could be done there is no use for the spring now....

[QUOTEDid you have this issue or does your conversion press the primer into place?The Precision version is tighter than the Lavaltrie.I reamed the pocket some but I didn't want to make the fit sloppy so I just made it so the primer seats abit deeper but still not to the flange][/QUOTE]

The primer fits into the Lavaltrie primer well loose, but my latest adapter does seat it on the primer lip cozy snug and holds it there.

On your unit it looks like you turned the hammer back to make the firing pin?
Correct i did that to be able to add a bolt face and to prevent the primer from getting shot back out of the nipple by the blow back pressure.

How far back did you go
The hammer was turned back approximaetly 1/2"

what is the diameter of the pin
.175"

How does the pin set to the face of the bushing,is it flush or recessed some?
The base of the pin when fired comes very close to touching the bottom of the adapter.

How much did you take off the bolt?
That one I do not remember it is on the plans at the shop...

Hope this helps some be sure and look at this thread also...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...-700-farm.html