Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New to me old knight >

New to me old knight

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New to me old knight

Old 01-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New to me old knight

I had seen this gun in a shop over a month ago and couldn't get it out of my head so today I drove over there and made a deal.
Hopefully, this will complete my collection of mk=85's

This is another very early Knight. The bore has six lands and grooves and the serial # is in the 2000's. It has a crown unlike any Knight barrel I have seen. It is a concave crown.

I'm sorry that picture came out so blurry but I hope you can see how that crown is dished inward.
I think I have it bad.
Art
Old 01-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Spike

Wow, very nice find. Love that stock.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Banned

yep love the stock on it. For some reason the mk85 is probably the best knight that hits my taste buds the right way. Especially with stocks like that.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Spike

Very fancy Knight. I have a stainless black synthetic stock MK 85 that i bought new when they first came out. Best ML i have had so far out of 5. I have the conversion kit for musket caps and the one for 209 primer. Shot a deer every year with that rifle. Bought a new rolling block and was real disapointed with after 5 shots i had to send in the trigger mechanism for repair. Reall more sad when i found out they are out of business. Now i have a new Accura so see how well it works out. MK85's were leading rifles in their years but Knight just wasn't the same after Tony sold it. I will keep my old MK 85 as a backup. Just more work to clean than the newer rifles. Also not as easy to cap the primers. Always hated the plastic cap holders they used. One more thing to forget and mess with. That is a beautiful stock. When they first came out some had warping from the snow and i hunt in snow so i ordered the synthetic. Mine now has a hairline crack by the safety. Very minor but is the reason i hate plastic things over time. They just didn't keep up with the times and got kind of left in the dust of other manufacters. Too bad. Love your gun.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

flounder33

Right on!!! way to be on top of things - that is a great find...

I think you have one Clerke barrel - maybe?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saboloader,
It reminds me of some pictures I have seen of Clerke barrels. I'm just not sure. The barrel looks like new inside.

Art
Old 01-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Dominant Buck

very nice looking rifle there
Old 01-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

The MK 85 were very well made, and accurate, and that is a beautiful piece of wood. Good find.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

It sucks being a lefty. I like those stocks but can't use them. Nice rifle Lee
Old 01-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice find Flounder. I don't go shopping for in-lines, but that one just might have tempted me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.