Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Multiple muzzleloaders, Multiple scopes? >

Multiple muzzleloaders, Multiple scopes?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Multiple muzzleloaders, Multiple scopes?

Old 01-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Spike

Default Multiple muzzleloaders, Multiple scopes?

Those of you that have multiple muzzleloaders that you scope, do you stick with the same brand or even the same model? Do you shop for a deal on a scope that you might want to check out? Or do you fit the scope to the muzzleloader for the application you intend to use it for?
Old 01-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Skopia

I have several different inlines but basically I use 3 scopes...

Bushnell Elite 3200 with Ballistic Reticule (3x9x40)- I have more of these than anything else...

Leupold Ultimate Slam - (3x6x40)

Hi Lux Toby Bridges (3x9x40)

Cabelas PowderHorn (3x9x40)

I probably have some others but these are the primary...

I got hooked on the Bushnell because of clarity, light gathering, and rain guard lenses...

Last edited by sabotloader; 01-02-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Leupold vxi 2-7x32 on 2, Ziess 3-9X40, Leupold LPS 1-6X42, Nikon Monarch 2-8X32 and a Browning 2-7X32 on the others. I try to match my scopes to the guns and my percieved applications for them. But when it comes down to it I buy what I can afford when I'm in the market for a scope.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

I use Nikons, Bushnells, Simmons, Thompson Center, Traditions, and among them different models.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

It mostly depends on what My Favorite MLer of chioce is, that one usually will get the best scope as that Mler will be the one I will put my Hunting success on.
For My Best choice I have a Leupold Ultimate Slam ML Scope on My ACCURA. My second ACCURA has a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn Scope on it. My 3'd ACCURA has a Nikon Pro Staff on it, I like all 3 scopes and non have let me down. Most of my other MLer's have Bushnell's on them, about $89 scopes and work very well.
Even my Old Mossberg Trophy Slugster has a Tasco (cheapy) on it and ascheap as it is I started off with it to replace it and I never did as it never gave me a problem and for the $39 I spent on it 20 years ago I cant complain. There are other's but if I had to choose it would be the Leupold's then the Bushnell then the Nikon. But again all 3 brands have done well for me with no complaints.
So for my favorite MLer (the one I will use the most) I will put the best I can afford on it. I will only shop around for a deal if Im looking for a certain brand model scope, when I find the best price for it I'll buy it. Other than that Im happy with most of the Nikon's and Bushnell's they all have done what they say. Sure I'd like to buy all Leupold's, but as mentioned above more money does'nt quarantee a better scope.
(BP)
Old 01-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a whole drawer full of them, at least 5 or 6 brands. I try a lot of them so far I like the Nikon Omega so I have one on my Endeavor and one on my Triumph. I guess it don't make much difference for hunting, I do not take many long shots but I like to shoot long range on the range for gongs and knock downs. I never shoot over 200 yds hunting.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

I use the Vortex line, Diamondback and Vipers.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Each of my guns seems to have a slightly different purpose and I find myself in a different spot -- either financially or what scopes are being offered -- when I'm in the market to buy.

My Omega, my long-range workhorse for years, wears a cheap Barska Tactical only because my old scope crapped out right after I bought a house and new furnace but right when I needed the gun ready for hunting season; it actually has worked well for several years so it's still on there.

My new ML wears a Bushnell 6500 Tactical because it was the best value I could find and had good eye relief; I was not in the mood for a $1000 scope. Also, it was appropriate for a ML as it has one of the widest magnification ranges in the industry, 2.5-16X.

If I had several guns to equip RIGHT NOW, a good multi-purpose scope is the Nikon Buckmaster 3-9X40. I own one (on a precision .22) but would not hesitate to put them on any gun I intended for shorter ranges.

Last edited by spaniel; 01-01-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:12 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

as almost all of my hunting is in thick woods i like low powered scopes.i have 3 bushnell trophy's 1.75x4.a nikon prostaff 2x7,truglo maxus 1.65x6 and a bushnell sportsman 1.5x4.5.i don't like the sportsman.the crosshairs are to thick and it's not as clear as the others but it's only a $30 scope.........karl
Old 01-02-2010, 03:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Each of my inline muzzleloader has a different scope. The Encore has by far the best scope-a Zeiss 4X32 Conquest, The CVA Stag Horn has a Weaver 3X10 Grand Slam, the Black Diamond has a Burris 4X20 Short Mag and the CVA Mag Hunter has a Chinese el cheapo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.