Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T7 mag vs t7

Old 12-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default T7 mag vs t7

Has anyone tried the Triple 7 Magnum powder? and I wonder how it compares with regular triple 7? Thanks for the input.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mnprohunter
Has anyone tried the Triple 7 Magnum powder? and I wonder how it compares with regular triple 7? Thanks for the input.
I dont think Hodogdon makes T7 Mag Powder...??? are you talking about loose T7 Mag Powder?
Hodogdon does make T7 Mag Pellets, Hodogdon say's 2 50gr Mag T7 Pellets are the equivilant of 3 50gr T7 Pellets. I have had a few Friends try the T7 Mag Pellets and they could'nt get anything to group good with them. It does clean up real easy though.
(BP)
Old 12-29-2009, 04:48 PM
mountaineer magic

I bought a couple boxes of the 777 mag pellets . I don't use them because my groups got to be basketball size. I tried then in several guns. I don't have anything that will shoot accurately wit them

Old 12-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

okay, so I was going to buy some and try it, but for 19.00 bucks, Ill pass and stick with the regular T7 pellets over the mags....it sounds as though there hasn't been much for good results. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tried them, no luck the groups were awful. Went back to loose groups got back to minute of angle. The pellets have a number of drawbacks, you can shoot Blackhorn cheaper than the pellets and you do not have to swab all the time to get accuracy.
Lee
Old 12-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

The problem with BH is trying to find it, no one around here carries it. I don't care to pay freight on blackpowder products myself, damn govt regulations.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Spike

i most be one of the lucky few i shoot the t7 mag pellets out of my cva kodiak pro with 300gr sst and barnes mz and the gun will shoot 3 shot 1" groups every time ive been to the range.also 2 mag pellets is not equal to 3 std pellets its approx 20-25 gr less.anyone wants to get rid of there t7 mag pellets i ll gladly take them of your hands
Old 12-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mnprohunter
The problem with BH is trying to find it, no one around here carries it. I don't care to pay freight on blackpowder products myself, damn govt regulations.

If you are down in the Kansas City area anytime soon, stop by Cabela's, they have a ton of it!