Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
C.V.A ACCURA Misfiring in the snow? >

C.V.A ACCURA Misfiring in the snow?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

C.V.A ACCURA Misfiring in the snow?

Old 12-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

sabotloader
Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine, he just mentioned those muzzle mitz or aka condoms...lol hes gonna let me try one.

tjj
I usually fire a preimer off.....

Thanks for replys, always great knowledge on the hunting net
Old 12-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

If you want to try loose powder sometime, check out my post here. I only have 6 shots with this powder so far but its showing to be an accurate powder and super clean.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...-like-app.html

Only range time will improve the second group.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

You might also check and make sure there is no heavy grease or oil in the firing pin chamber this can cushion the blow of the firing pin which will reduce the out put of your primer when its cold.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

IOWAWHITETAILS

I really believe that was probabaly your problem. You can not believe how little a bit of water ran to the right place can cuse such a big problem - especially with pellets.

Besides the Muzzle Mitts - you can use tape - Finger Cots - Ballons... I really prefer the mitts as they are stronger especially these, they resist tearing much better than anything else I have used - especially in the brush.

www.ultimateboreprotection.com

I would suggest you pass on the APP it is very anemmic as compared to just about anything else and if you think T7 grabs water - APP and it associates have proven to be much worse.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks too all......
Old 12-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Spike

If you are not covering the muzzle then that is probably the cause. I have always just taken saran wrapp doubled and ran a couple rubber bands over it. Has worked for about 20 years of snow hunting and i never unload during a hunt. I do like some suggested change to a new primer each time. Pellets and loose pyrodex or black powder all works for me in the snow. Let us know what helps. good luck
Old 12-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

his guzzi

I definately will let you guys know.....I always tried too keep the barrel down but like sabotloader says it only takes a lil bit of moisture, for it not too fire....IA
Old 12-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Banned

what primers were you using? i forget if i asked you that or not
Old 12-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just saying it is as it probably is'nt the Primers. A long time ago when I was using My Old Dixie Gun Works 50 Cal and round balls I sometimes had a problem with the Caps not going off because thet got wet. I tried spraying them with Clear Coat Spray and even Hair Spray, it worked. I even put them in water after doing this and then tried them and they fired. Even when I got my first Inlines that took the Caps and had the conversion for the No10-11's I did this with them to keep em water proof.
If saying the 209 Primers were the cause (wich they probably ar'nt) has anyone tried spraying them with clearcoat spray or anything like it to water proof them????
(BP)
Old 12-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

triple 7 preimers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.