Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Who's got a good Venesion Sausage Recipie >

Who's got a good Venesion Sausage Recipie

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Who's got a good Venesion Sausage Recipie

Old 12-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who's got a good Venesion Sausage Recipie

O.K. now that most of our Late Season MLing Seasons are comming to and end and most if not all of us have a bunch of good eating Venison to eat, who has a good recipe for some Venesion Italion Sausage. My former Sausage maker passed away last season and he did mine for about 22 years and he took his recipie to the grave with him. I have tried a few others and Im not to impressed.
Im really not into the cheese added or the hot hot pepper, just good ol Italion, spicy is O.K. Also any breakfast sausage also.
(BP)
Old 12-23-2009, 06:05 PM
tjj
Fork Horn

PM'd ya a good one.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Dominant Buck

There is a company in New York called "The Sausage Maker." They sell anything you need to make wonderful sausage and salami in your home. They also sell pre-measured kits for different kinds of sausage and salami, breakfast sausages, etc... I bought their book and make my own out of their recipes. I have had excellent results making salami and sausage.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
There is a company in New York called "The Sausage Maker." They sell anything you need to make wonderful sausage and salami in your home. They also sell pre-measured kits for different kinds of sausage and salami, breakfast sausages, etc... I bought their book and make my own out of their recipes. I have had excellent results making salami and sausage.
Thank's Dave I'll check it out.
May you and your family Have a Wonderful Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year!
Ron (BP)
Old 12-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Their venison salami (my favorite) is excellent. I made a bunch of that and it disappeared faster then a plate of brownies at a Weight Watchers Meeting. My friends and family all seemed to need a chunk for one reason or another. Plus I did my share one night with a box of Ritz crackers and a chunk...

You and your family, and all of you on this forum... I wish all of you a safe and very Merry Christmas. If you have to travel, be careful.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Spike

BP,

Around SW Michigan there is a spice shop called PENZEY'S Spices. Don't know if it is a national or regional chain. They have a venison "sausage seasoning" mix for Breakfast sausage that is to die for when added to 50/50 venison burger & ground pork roast.

ALSO, they have killer Chipotle which has become one of my favorite spices.
All spices are fresh.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Jascoesens, my wife orders Penzey's spices on-line all of the time. They have some great stuff. Seems like a Penzey's box arrives every two or three weeks.

We use the Chipotle a lot. Try this: Stuff a deer roast with six or eight cloves of garlic. Rub the outside liberally with olive oil or any cooking oil. Sprinkle on salt, black pepper and a good bit of the Chipotle. Rub everything in and then dust it with all purpose flower (the flower will become wetted by the oil). Put that little piece of heaven on the pit with hickory chips on the coals (coals piled on one side of the pit and roast on the other side - not directly over coals). Cook until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees (you do have a meat thermometer, don't you?). Let it rest at least ten minutes before slicing.

After I read your post I asked my wife to order some of the venison sausage seasoning. She pulled some out of the cabinet and said "it came in last week". I never can seem to get ahead of that woman.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:45 AM
Spike

Default Who's got a good Venesion Sausage Recipie

I use Morton's Sausage and Meatloaf mix.It makes excellent breakfast sausage.I tend to reduce the amount of pork,it seems to keep better.Ripshod
Old 12-25-2009, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Hey Jascoesens, my wife orders Penzey's spices on-line all of the time. They have some great stuff. Seems like a Penzey's box arrives every two or three weeks.

We use the Chipotle a lot. Try this: Stuff a deer roast with six or eight cloves of garlic. Rub the outside liberally with olive oil or any cooking oil. Sprinkle on salt, black pepper and a good bit of the Chipotle. Rub everything in and then dust it with all purpose flower (the flower will become wetted by the oil). Put that little piece of heaven on the pit with hickory chips on the coals (coals piled on one side of the pit and roast on the other side - not directly over coals). Cook until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees (you do have a meat thermometer, don't you?). Let it rest at least ten minutes before slicing.

After I read your post I asked my wife to order some of the venison sausage seasoning. She pulled some out of the cabinet and said "it came in last week". I never can seem to get ahead of that woman.
Semisane, Do you have the e-mail address for Penzey's? or befor I asked that dumb question should I have just Googled it. Anyway Thank's fot the tip you to Jascoesens.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Ron (BP)
Old 12-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Sausage Maker is up in Buffalo - they have about anything you need for the begginer to the master.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.