HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who's got a good Venesion Sausage Recipie
Old 12-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

Hey Jascoesens, my wife orders Penzey's spices on-line all of the time. They have some great stuff. Seems like a Penzey's box arrives every two or three weeks.

We use the Chipotle a lot. Try this: Stuff a deer roast with six or eight cloves of garlic. Rub the outside liberally with olive oil or any cooking oil. Sprinkle on salt, black pepper and a good bit of the Chipotle. Rub everything in and then dust it with all purpose flower (the flower will become wetted by the oil). Put that little piece of heaven on the pit with hickory chips on the coals (coals piled on one side of the pit and roast on the other side - not directly over coals). Cook until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees (you do have a meat thermometer, don't you?). Let it rest at least ten minutes before slicing.

After I read your post I asked my wife to order some of the venison sausage seasoning. She pulled some out of the cabinet and said "it came in last week". I never can seem to get ahead of that woman.