Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
+1 for T/C customer service >

+1 for T/C customer service

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

+1 for T/C customer service

Old 12-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default +1 for T/C customer service

I was hunting the other day with my t/c pro hunter and a deer was coming across the field straight at me.I went to pull the hammer back and it was gone.The top of the hammer,the thumb part that can be set at any direction (swing hammer) had came loose and fell off.I had to take my glove off and **** it that way.Ended up getting the deer (doe) but anyways got back home and called t/c.Told them i had this gun for a year this was the start of the 2nd season,and i don't know where it went it just fell off.They said they would send me one and it will be here in 5-10 days.Or maybe sooner,well it took all of that, and maybe a day or too more but they sent it free of charge.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

It would have been real nice if they'd have sent it out the next day, at least you got it. Success to you finishing off your season.
(BP)
Old 12-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blue loctite is your friend. Degrease the new screw, put a dab on the threads, tighten and never worry about it unintentionally coming loose again.

Do NOT use red loctite, unless you never intend to remove the screw again.

Mike
Old 12-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

I been dealing with t/c for some time and there customer service is outstanding
Old 12-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Dominant Buck

T/C, Knight, CVA, and Lyman (kind of) I had good luck with. Lyman I say kind of was... although they sent me the parts, I had to wait quite a while because they had none in stock and were waiting on a shipment from Italy.

Traditions I have had a few bad experiences with.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:30 AM
Spike

Years ago my side hammer lock part broke on the T/C Hawken and they said to send it in and they would send it back paid. They did send it back fixed and paid the shipping. Knight had to replace the trigger assembly on my rolling block. I bought the gun about 4 months ago before i found out they were going out of business. Broke after about a 6 shots. Was lucky i guess to send it to Alabama to get replacement before that closes. Now i am stuck with it. Used to be a viable company with a good product. Now i own some CVA but nothing broke yet. Didn't like the omega and sold it and the pro hunter is costly enough they can afford to have a good customer service. Never liked the T/C contender pistol that i had. Good gun but not my style i guess. They are known for customer service which speaks well of them. Is a big factor to consider.