Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura Problems?

Old 12-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ogg
members from here posted pics of what appeared to be ''cracks'' on their accuras.thats why I posted this here because this forum and memebers are usually more helpfull than other forums...jeez,Didnt mean to start something...I really want the accura but im just finding out if theres any problems with it first before I buy it.
No need to get upset over the post, Im kind a interested as I own 3 ACCURA's and I have no complaints with them, I love em and go over board recommending them, as most know by now. But with anything there is always a bad one in the group, but if it get's too common it's a problem.
(BP)
Old 12-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ogg

The cracks that were discussed were where the pivot lug was welded to the barrel. The weld job on the Accura was actually some of the best looking welding I have ever seen, but the 'cracks' appeared to be hair-line fractures in the weld.

I do not remember seeing the results of the one individual that sent his in.

You can see the small possible crack in this picture right at the end of the barrel lug...
Old 12-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ogg,

The Accura may be prone to this with stouter loads. I pretty much agree with UC, I think its something to monitor but I don't think its a major problem. Its not the barrel cracking but the weld between the barrel and the pivot block. I'm really not a fan of break actions anyway.

A better comparison of the omega would be the kodiak pro. I have a SS model. It has a very hard trigger and I plan to send it to CVA for service. Other than that, it a good rifle although I have only shot maybe 120 rounds through it. My Win Apex is bascially the same design. It has over 400 rounds through it. She's a sweet rifle and hasn't given a lick of trouble.

Whatever you choose, I'd be sure to get a SS barrel. It not that much extra.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:54 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

I believe the above picture is of Underclocked's gun.The guy who sent his in didnt post pictures if I remember correctly.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

ogg

You are correct...
Old 12-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
ogg

The cracks that were discussed were where the pivot lug was welded to the barrel. The weld job on the Accura was actually some of the best looking welding I have ever seen, but the 'cracks' appeared to be hair-line fractures in the weld.

I do not remember seeing the results of the one individual that sent his in.

You can see the small possible crack in this picture right at the end of the barrel lug...
Mike, Thank's for clearing this up...first I must say your on top of things and you get to the point and problem when it comes to MLers. I got my 3 ACCURA's out and with a magnifying glass looked each one over good and NO Cracks on the weld. And as a added bonus My Daughter and her boyfriend just stopped over and were here asking what the heck I was doing with My MLers, I explained it to them and My Future Son in Law the welder also noted the welds were impressive. So for me mine are fine. I would'nt hesitate to buy another ACCURA, I put them all to the test and they passed, and believe me if anytime they fail I'll be the first to let everyone know.
(BP)
Old 12-09-2009, 07:12 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

that has me less worried.....thanks, I think I will go with the accura.Out of all the accuras bought these 2 reported cracks are the only ones ive seen or heard about so I dont think its a major problem.I just wanted to make sure it wasnt a common problem.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ogg
that has me less worried.....thanks, I think I will go with the accura.Out of all the accuras bought these 2 reported cracks are the only ones ive seen or heard about so I dont think its a major problem.I just wanted to make sure it wasnt a common problem.
Good to hear, as far as loads go I first started off with 3 50gr Pellets of Pyro as I was a Mag Man, then MountainDevil and Sabotloader got me to change to loose powder for a more accurate less recoil load. And believe them and me loose powder is the way to go. I now shoot 105 & 110 gr's of Pyrodox RS and a 240gr XTP mag in My ACCURA's, with a T7 Primer in the 105gr and a Win 209W Primer in the one with 110gr's.
Groups are excellant! 1" at a 100yds and Im up to about a 2 1/2" group at 200yds, I cant complain. I have the Stainless Steel Barrels on all three ACCURA's, there super easy to clean. The trigger pull is one of the sweetest I have ever had, 2-3 pounds. I think for the money you'll be impressed with what you'll get. Cabela's now has them on Sale for great prices, you may have to wait for a back order but if yur not in a hurry you'll be fine.
Any questions in the future just PM me and I'll be glad to help out. Also MountainDevil and Underclocked have experience with the ACCURA's and Im sure they'll be happy to help.
(BP)
Old 12-09-2009, 08:06 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

im going to order the stainless steel/black accura from cabelas
I hadnt really thought about backorder...hmm.Hopefully they are in stock
Old 12-10-2009, 05:52 AM
Banned

i believe the deal was that the front weld hung over a little and when it was opened and allowed to slam forward while breaking it open, those front welds that hung over, slammed into the frame and caused some cosmetic cracking. Ive had mine since May and no problems here. Even from shooting the big 444 powerbelts with 100gr RS.

Excellent shooting/reliable rifles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.