Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Pro Hunter tricks and tips? >

Pro Hunter tricks and tips?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pro Hunter tricks and tips?

Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Pro Hunter tricks and tips?

Just put a new Pro Hunter in lay-away. Figured I would find out if there are any tips or little trade secrets that I need to know about. Heard something about an improved hinge pin, anybody know anything about this? Share with me what you know.

Thanks,
Z
Old 12-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

not needed-shoots great as is...
Old 12-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Endeavor which is very similar, I polished up the triggers mating surfaces also the sear and hammer and replaced the trigger spring as it was giving me a 4 to 5 pound pull. I down loader the free instructions from Bellm
http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/messag...f3eoiohskgv5q7
You can get a +1 or +2 pin and all the information about them here to.
I would suggest you download the instructions for assembly and disassembly for cleaning if nothing else.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

I will go with what Lee has said. My ProHunter was a awesome gun than after reading a few threads on here I put it in a local shop and had an Bellm upgrade done. Well worth the money.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Fork Horn

E. Arthur Brown offer an adjustable hinge pin for the TC, cost about $21.00 800-950-9088, its worth the money.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Spike

I would definately get the trigger done. I haven't yet but I really need to, don't like the factory pull setting. Get some JB bore paste if you don't have any already and run it through your barrel. I had a hell of a time getting some sabots down my barrel from the factory.